episode 24 || a pitiful life

"Wait." He stopped. I did too and looked back at him. "What?" I asked. "What if Niragi's there? Wouldn't he find it weird we're coming back together?" He asked.

"Probably." I shurgged and kept walking. He followed, hesitant. "Since when do you care about Niragi?" I asked him as I walked inside the lobby. "I don't." He told me firmly. "Good. Cause he's right there."

Niragi stood up against the wall with a girl wrapped around his arm. Chishiya came to my side and we watched him blankly. "Doesn't it bother you?" He asked. "No."

He went quite before saying, "It'd bother me." I smirked at his comment. "Would it?" I said. "Obviously." He said. "Okay," I'll remember that next time he pisses me off.

Niragi now saw us and walked towards us, letting go of the girl. "Where the fuck were you? And why are you with her?" He directed his last question at Chishiya with a glare.

"I was out. What were you doing?" I asked him. "Out where?" He narrowed his eyes. "Out there." I pointed towards the doors. "Tell me where the fuck you were." He said. "Not until you tell me what you were doing with that girl."

He let out a sigh of desperation and rolled his eyes. "You were gone, okay? What else was I supposed to do, wait for you?" He sneered. "That's what a loyal boyfriend would do, yes." I glared at him.

"Oh yeah, and you're just as loyal as me, huh?" We glared at each other. "Y'know what, yes. I am more loyal then you." I stared up at him with furious eyes. "I don't fucking believe you. I bet the two were fucking before getting here."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Chishiya hid his smirk. "Yeah. Maybe we were. What's it to you?" I shoved past him, hitting his shoulder.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. "Say it again." He said, forcing me to face him. "Say what?" I asked. "That you two were fucking." He said. I stared at him, searching in his eyes. "Say it, Aria." He stared back.

"Maybe. And what're you gonna do about it?" I gave him a mockingly smirk. "I'll shoot him." He pointed his gun at Chishiya. "Oh yeah?" My smirk only grew. Chishiya was smirking as well, not a hint of fear crossed his face.

"Yeah."

"Do it then." I said. "Tell me. Were you two fucking?" He inched closer to my face. I thought my answer out this time. I wanted to keep messing with him, but knowing Niragi, he wouldn't hesitate to shoot Chishiya.

"We were trying to catch the dealers set up games." I stated simply. "Swear on it." Niragi said. "I swear." I said, not allowing myself to smile. He held the eye contact for a few seconds, deciding whether he believed me or not.

But then he dropped the gun and put it over his shoulder. "If I find out you two are hooking up," he walked over to Chishiya. "It's gonna get messy." He finished and walked past him with a shove of his shoulder.

I sneered. So did Chishiya. I slipped my hands in my pockets and continued walking, Chishiya behind me. We went to the kitchen to get some food before the games started.

"You gonna play tonight?" He asked me. I shook my head. "Bad for my leg." I said. "You weren't complaining a few hours ago in the car," he smirked. I returned it. "The pain went away for a while."

"Hm. Interesting." He said and picked up an apple, bitting into it. "You wanna know something?" I asked him. "Tell me."

"My sister almost got kidnapped when she was ten," I started. He coughed. "Oh. That's a heavy topic." He said. "The gang that was after my dad tried to take her. But she threw her half eaten apple at them and screamed as loud as she could."