episode 34 || cards

But the voice of Asahi stops them immediately. "Listen up everyone!" Everyone turns to look at her standing in the middle. "I'm the dealer of this game." Within seconds, a laser when right through her head.

My eyebrows raised. Everyone's dead silent, wide eyed at what had just happened. Asahi drops dead to the floor. Well fuck. Didn't actually think she'd tell anyone. Let alone everyone.

The tension grows by the second, no one knowing what to do nor say. "It was a reverse grip." Says a voice. An comes around the corner and towards the group with Kuina supporting her up. She holds the knife Momoka had stabbed herself with. "Fingerprints with a reversed grip were found on the knife."

They all stare at her, waiting for her to continue. "This means Momoka grabbed the knife herself and stabbed it through her own chest." She goes quite for a second. "She's the witch." She confirms what everyone was waiting for. "Why would she...kill herself for a game?" A girl asks.

"Was Momoka really the game master?" Someone else asks. Well no shit. "That girl also said she was the dealer." A guy pointed at Asahis dead body. "So we were just being toyed by them?" The same guys speaks. Tata stands up. "But she's human, just like the rest of us. Ordinary humans..."

Arisu tried to convince Aguni to stop the nonsense once again. And this time, Aguni didn't fight back. The moment just had to be ruined by someone screaming about the fire that was spreading like crazy. "Run!" Everyone started backing away.

I stood still, watching from above. The fire had made its way to the second floor as well. "Are we just gonna stand here and let the fire burn us?" Chishiya asked. "Yeah. That sounds nice." I told him. He shrugged with a sigh and leaned on the railing. "Fine by me."

"Move the body to the fire of judgement!" A few people kneeled down to carry Momokas body. But suddenly, a bullet went through one of the guys chest. And then someone else got shot. And another person. Bullets we're being shot and more people started to panic, ducking down to the floor.

A tall figure moved from one of the rooms. "In the first place," I recognized the voice within seconds, my heart dropping. "I should have just burned down the Beach in the Fire of Judgment!" He yelled. My head turned to look at Chishiya. "I thought you said you killed him!" I hissed. His eyes were wide. "I...I thought I did. I mean, I burnt him alive and pushed him down a building."

"Great. So he's invincible?" I scoffed. I looked back at Niragi. His entire body looked burnt. He had part of his shirt wrapped around his face. "With this, I'll clear the game!" He shouted. He threw a large stick with fire in it in the middle of the room. They all ran away, screaming.

He grabbed his gun and began shooting. More bodies dropped to the floor. Usagi suddenly ran onto his back and tried to tackle him down, like it would do anything. Of course, it didn't do anything. Expect cause a slight discretion. It was all Arisu needed to try help defeat Niragi.

"Should we help?" I ask. "Nah. They're fine down there. Look, Arisu almost has him!" Niragi beat Arisu down to the floor with his foot, throwing Usagi next to him. "Never mind." Chishiya mumbled.

He pointed his gun at Arisu, who was trying to protect Usagi. "I'll kill you all!" Niragi screamed. He shot the gun. But instead of Arisu getting shot, it was Aguni. I stared down at them as Aguni sprinted towards Niragi. It seemed to get a shock out of him, but he didn't hesitate to continue to shoot his gun. It didn't seem to be effecting Aguni in anyway. Not mentally, anyway.

He let out one final yell as he pulled Niragi over his shoulder and ran straight into the fire. There was pure silence. "Never expected that." Chishiya whispered. "It'll surprise you who people really are deep down." I responded. "Who are you deep down, Aria?"