A chance

Here were the twins and athanasia making their way to the emperor's office since they heard their father had heard about their little 'night trip'.

"He's not going to put us off the heir list right?" Athy asked.

"No he's not, not after we disclosed what we found." Arien said. (Just imagine this is Arien's dress and hairstyle)

"Also he can't stay mad at Athy, who's looking super cute today, with her bank's up

"Also he can't stay mad at Athy, who's looking super cute today, with her bank's up." Arjen said chuckling as Athy hit him.

"Hey, we're here." Arien said spotting the door to dad's office door. But,

"Cossete, Charlotte...what are you doing here?" Arien asked sternly. "Oh! Your highnesses. I just wanted to ask if I could stay with Princess Athanasia in the emerald palace along with Princess Arien." Cossete said smiling.

"No you can't! Dad gave it as a gift to Athy on her 5th birthday. It's hers only." Arjen said glaring at her.

" Arjen, there's no point in loosing your cool.Father will decide."Athanasia said glaring at the two people in front of her.

They opened the door finally.

Arien and Athanasia curtsied elegantly and sophisticatedly. Cossete and Charlotte looked like amateurs in front of them.

"Take a seat.." Their dad said.

They all sat down with Charlotte standing beside Cossete. 

"Why did you guys do that?" The emperor asked clanking his cup down. "We just wanted to enjoy a party like normal nobles once..." Arien said. "We really didn't mean to worry anyone." Athy said. "Why can't you just let it be, our older brothers do it all the time." Arjen said, not getting why his sisters were apologetic. "Anything could have happened to you. If this happens one more time, I'll put all three of you of the game." The emperor said glaring at the three favourites. "On a lighter note.."

He went up to the three of them and hugged them tightly. "I'm glad you're safe and accomplished to stop human trafficking." He said smiling towards them. "You'll earn points for that in the game. You three are on the lead now." He said sitting back down. "Thank you father!" They said smiling.

"Btw, Cossete your uncle has been making quite the fuss about you not having the title of a princess, so a test will held on the following subjects between you and Athanasia. If you manage to get decent marks you will be regarded as a princess, if you get higher than her you will get the position of second princess and if you fail, you will not hold any title whatsoever." He said handing out a list of subjects to Athy and Cossete.

Arien and Arjen chuckled. The result was already known to them.

"I had a request your majesty, I thought to strengthen our sister bond me, Princess Athanasia and Princess Arien should live in the emerald palace." She asked beaming.

" I refuse, that place solely belong to Athy. It was her birthday gift." He said glaring at her. "Off you go now." He said getting up.

They all dispersed and went their separate ways.

Timeskip

"What?! A royal ball?!" Cossete said slamming the table. "Yes, the letter just came." Charlotte said going through the letter. "You know what this means..." she continued, "yeah, it isn't a simple ball, it is a chance...for the throne." Cossete said. "Your looks, to your manner to your speech everything will be nitpicked on. So, I'll make you ready." Charlotte said with a determined look. "Yes. Let's show that bitch Athanasia her place." Cossete said working a demonic smirk.

Third pov

Weeks passed by as the royal family, nobles and everyone prepared for the ball. The nobles were excited at the news since they could finally know what was happening inside the royal palace.