we met again today

Hiya!

PLEASE READ !!!

Before I say anything regarding the story, I want to make sure everyone has read the tags and warnings. There are many references and discussions involving triggering topics like depression, abuse, suicide and implications of self-harm. Alongside topics involving dysfunctional families and self-hatred. If any of these topics upset you or make you uncomfortable in ANY way, please read with caution or not at all.

I love you all sm and I want to keep you all safe :(

Anyway, I wanted to write this as a way to spread awareness about mental health. Reading stories that involve these topics often have one character suffering and the other helping. This isn't the case for this work. I want to show people what it's like when two mentally ill friends cling to each other when they need help. Both Sanemi and Giyuu will be suffering in this story and I wanted to make that clear.

The work is inspired by its title.

Thank you!

----

Sanemi isn't sure when he agreed to leave the house today. Though, with Kyojuro and Shinobu at his door, he didn't have much say in the matter.

They had dragged him out by force. Hammering into his skull that getting out of the house would be good for him. He agreed, just not enough to care. He put up a fight. Mentioning that if he left the house, the human contact would kill him before he did it himself. Shinobu smacked him on the back of the head for the so-called joke, and Kyojuro then lectured him about how those jokes won't help how he's feeling.

He's heard a lot from the two already.

Soon enough, the chimes of an opening door bring Sanemi to the present. The scent of freshly grounded coffee and sweet pastries overpowers Shinobu's floral perfume. It's a lovely smell, but the sweet treats smell better. Kyojuro dramatically inhales. "Everything smells so good!" He beams, walking over to stand in the queue. Shinobu follows him, Sanemi trotting not too far behind.

"Who's paying?" Kyojuro asks, Shinobu shaking her head immediately. Sanemi sighs, sticking his hand into a fist and shoving it in front of Kyojuro. Initiating a game of rock-paper-scissors.

Kyojuro smirks, sticking his fist out in front of him. They both bounce their fists on the four words Kyojuro says. Rock, Paper, Scissor, Shoot! Sanemi changes his hand gesture to mimic the shape of scissors. He looks at Kyojuro's hand, noticing that he too has chosen scissors. They go again. This time, Sanemi picks rock, and Kyojuro picks paper.

"Seriously?" Sanemi mumbles, rollings his eyes when Kyojuro cheers at his victory. "You drag me out then, make me pay for your food?"

"Hey! Don't disrespect the rules of rock-paper-scissors!" Kyojuro says, pointing his index finger at Sanemi. "You lose," Shinobu chuckles at Kyojuro's enthusiasm, grabbing his wrist and dragging him to find a table.

"I don't even know what they want," Sanemi mumbles, walking forward as the queue shortens. He pulls out his phone, opens the notes app and finds the document he named "brain dump". It's a document dedicated to any random idea he gets for his new Work In Progress. Since reading and writing have taken over his mind, he'd have these moments when ideas would riot through his head.

Making a document dedicated to these ideas seemed like the best idea Sanemi had.

The queue shortens by a few more people, Sanemi continuing to type away on his phone while walking forward. Ideas commonly come to mind whenever Sanemi wasn't at his desk. So, he found a new love for long walks and working in quiet areas away from home. Sometimes, he'd drive to an isolated spot near a field and set himself up for the evening.