a masterpiece

Sanemi's home isn't clean. It also isn't messy.

It's human.

There are clothes on the counters, but they're folded. Dishes remain on the sides of the sink, but they're clean. Sanemi's shoes rest on the floor. They're scuffed and muddy, though they sit beside their rightful pair. His house represents him. It's the visual description of how his mind works.

An organised mess.

Giyuu doesn't comment on the minor untidiness. He's aware of the struggle. Cleaning. A simple task that becomes difficult when the mind is somewhere else. Instead, Giyuu follows Sanemi in silence. They reach his room, the untidiness at a slightly more moderate level.

"Sorry for the mess," He apologises, embarrassment evident in his eyes. "I didn't expect to have visitors,"

Giyuu chuckles softly, letting his eyes wander around the room. He scans the aspects that expose Sanemi. His bookcase beside his desk is full of novels of a large variety, his desk is overflowing with papers, notebooks and pens, and a double bed is in the opposite corner. The covers are lazily thrown across the bed like it is Sanemi's way of making it in the morning. A corkboard rests on the only wall free of windows. Its contents consist of prints of what looks like his family, roughly written notes, and travel brochures.

His room is homelike. It's comforting and warm, like Sanemi.

"I usually place my favourite books on the top shelf," Sanemi mentions, watching Giyuu walk over to his bookshelf. He scans the spines of many eye-catching stories, a few he recognises from his own bookshelf - moving his eyes to the top shelf, Giyuu spots a few books he favours.

Sanemi has good taste in fiction.

"You read other genres besides fantasy?" Giyuu asks, scanning over the variety of romance and crime novels. Sanemi nods, walking to stand beside Giyuu.

"Yeah," He states. It's a one-word answer that grows Giyuu's curiosity. What else does he not know about Sanemi? "I'm a sucker for cheesy romance with a good ending," He confesses, lightly chuckling as he picks a book from the top shelf. "This is a personal favourite," Giyuu eyes the cover, recognising the author.

"I love his work," He says, smiling at the mental images of the couples in the fictional world. "They're realistic and show the true aspects of long-term relationships," Giyuu goes on, picking up another book by the same author. "Have you read this?" Sanemi nods. "Good, it's my personal favourite,"

They share a light laugh. Reminiscing on the fake characters and how they wish for something like that in reality. It's common amongst readers. That want for what is utterly made up.

Being an author is the same.

You get sucked into the fictional world. Delving deep into the lives of people who don't go further than a piece of paper. Their words are typed and scripted, and lives are planned and thought out. A happy ending is almost always guaranteed. Authors wish they had that control. Knowing that they're given control over their fake worlds scares them away from the reality controlled by the universe. Unknown endings are terrifying.

Sanemi sighs, placing the books back on the shelf. "My drafts are a mess. You'll have to bear with me," He chuckles. Giyuu follows him to his desk, watching as he picks up different piles of paper and shoves them to the side.

The dim room lights up for a moment, and the monitor changes colours a few times as Sanemi goes through the many open tabs. "This is the first work I completed," He says after a moment, Giyuu leaning closer to the screen. "I wrote it last year,"

"Send it,"

"To you?"

"Well, yeah. To me. And an agency,"