i found my blue

A day with Kyojuro and Shinobu was something they both needed. They returned home from the golf course wearing bright smiles and soft blushes covering their cheeks. The entire time was magical.

They see each other in different worlds. Sanemi is a purple hue in the ocean Giyuu is drowning in. He's a swimmer with a kind heart and holds out his hand to reach for Giyuu's when he's struggling. He's a writer with a mind of a poet. His words roll into the world with a hypnotic effect and never fail to draw Giyuu in. He's a boy with a warm hand and a soft heart, holding Giyuu close without hesitation and whispering reminders that things will be okay.

Giyuu is a blue light in the darkness that consumes Sanemi's dreams. A soft warmth radiates from the colours that Sanemi struggles to see to their full potential. It guides him with open arms, pulling him away from his memories of red and waking him up from the screaming in his mind. Giyuu is a boy that brings back the potential in Sanemi's colourless vision, scraping the remainder of the hues and helping Sanemi see them.

They guide each other through their struggles. Swimming beside each other, holding each other's hands while walking through a lavender field and hugging each other like a protective home.

They cling to each other in fear that if one let go, the other will fall.

They were happy. Playing a chaotic game of mini golf in a room that glows with people they love. Eating greasy food and dollar store soft drinks in Kyojuro's car after their activity and arguing over Kyojuro's shitty playlist. For the first time in a while, Sanemi and Giyuu found themselves slipping into the desired life of a young adult.

Their thoughts were quiet, their smiles were bright, and their laughter was loud.

They were happy.

Curling beside each other in Sanemi's bed, their night with Shinobu and Kyojuro drifts away. Giyuu found himself falling asleep within seconds of hitting Sanemi's duvet. He was exhausted. The time ticked by, hours passed without them noticing, and when they got home, the clocks read 22:54.

A calm breeze hits the glass of Sanemi's lonesome window in front of his desk, the moon gracing them with their presence again. It's been a common occurrence since its disappearance on the bridge. Like it wants to watch Giyuu walk the earth in case the ocean tries to take him away again. The moon trusts Sanemi to keep Giyuu afloat, but anxieties forming in the air every time Giyuu's mood drops are unbearable for the world to deal with.

The moon has become a guardian.

It shines brightly through the parting curtains, decorating Sanemi's room in those white lines that hold a warmth like a blue in the darkness. Sanemi remembers those lines too well. Their guidance in his nightmares is appreciated. They showed him his mother, Genya and helped him save Giyuu. They were there when nothing else could be, and Sanemi's starting to notice the common occurrence of the lines during his moments with Giyuu. Like right now, they're painting patterns on their resting bodies, Giyuu fast asleep in Sanemi's arms as he holds him close. They're alone together again.

Though, happiness isn't permanent.

Shifting wakes Sanemi from his sleep, the sheets moving despite his body lying still. He keeps his eyes close for a while, assuming it's just Giyuu moving into a more comfortable position. And soon, the movement stops and a weight is added to Sanemi's chest. He blindly wraps his arms around Giyuu, holding him close and hiding his face in Giyuu's raven hair. The room falls calm again, Sanemi drifting back to sleep.

But Giyuu's body slightly jolts, and quiet sniffles are muffled by Sanemi's shirt.

The noise alarms Sanemi, making him lift his head and attempt to look at Giyuu. Though Giyuu shifts his face and moves away from Sanemi's view, hiding his tears with his hand. "Giyuu?" Sanemi mutters, his voice holding a softness that immediately starts to push the ocean away. "Giyuu, look at me," Giyuu shakes his head, shoving his face deeper into Sanemi's shirt. Sanemi sighs, running a hand through Giyuu's hair and places a soft kiss on his forehead. "C'mere,"