♯ a companion

KATSUKI had never imagined himself to be in a foul mood simply over the fact that you deleted tinder. although it had been only two weeks since then, it had been difficult to believe that he had grown accustomed to receiving your texts every other day.

though he relentlessly complained about how annoying you and your messages are, the simple fact was... he always answered.

there might have been a few times he left you on read at first, but the wires in his brain tugged at his heart and made it clear to text you back.

katsuki had thought about trying to find you on social media and what he wanted to say to you but was too stubborn to make a move.

he groaned thinking about the short yet somehow endless conversation you'd be having if it weren't for his pride. as much as he ignored the feelings in his heart, he realized the conversation he had with his friends were right; he was in search of a companion.

it was you.

katsuki's hand reached to hastily picked up his device, going straight to instagram just to click on the search bar.

his fingers aired over the keyboard before typing fragments of your name in hopes of actually finding your account. as much as he had wished for it to be easy, it wasn't and that only further frustrated him.

then he thought about your job.

with automatically remembering the name of the club you work at he typed it into the search bar, finding the account.

it had a little over 10k followers, pictures of employees with customers everywhere. katsuki also remembered that you were a bar girl and searched through any photo containing someone near the bar or handing out drinks.

he came to a short pause, his heart rate slowing down upon seeing the familiar face of someone he had not only see on tinder but picked up from work about a month ago.

there you were, standing with a beautiful smile he secretly wished to see every day. the caption of the post praised you for your hard work and how you were a customer favorite.

even with all the rude names he called you, he believed every word from this post.

he clicked on the photo, relieved to see a link of your account.

however, his dreams were quickly shattered seeing your most recent post. you were kissing someone. was it the other tinder guy you met?

you looked happy so his chances of ever wanting you to be with him were gone, but maybe you were still holding onto that chance of being friends?

with nothing stopping his impulses he was quick to follow you and set his phone down as if he just sent a risky text. it had only been a few minutes when his phone vibrated, indicating he got a notification.

lifeofyn
katsuki?

realbakugou
hi