♯ what if i never love again?

NOTE . um so two more chapters left how fun. anyways i suggest listening to 'all i ask' by adele while reading enjoyyyy MWHAHAHA.

     AIZAWA wasn't one to have a long relationship history. he met his ex-wife in college, married her at the young age age of twenty two and had his beautiful daughter eri at twenty six. as much as he attempted to keep the relationship together for the sake of his daughter, shouta couldn't grasp on to his happiness much longer.

although his separation ended on a good note, the divorce was a process that took years. upon the finality of everything along with discussing how to co-parent, aizawa found himself alone for the next few years.

there was nothing in this world that he would replace for the love and affection he received from his daughter, however, just like most individuals, he craved the intimacy that dissipated throughout his marriage.

despite being young, yet a mature personality, you were shouta's sign that it was worth finding someone again. from the short six months that he had been with you, he found himself falling much quicker than he expected.

to take on the pressure that he was not only divorced but had a daughter was heavy and you took it with pride. normally, they were some who looked forward to living a chaotic free-spirited life but you kept the balance of it all for the sake of his lifestyle.

he couldn't have asked for more.

though aizawa believed he gave his all into this relationship, his mind ran over the million things he could have done wrong to get a call from you explaining that you needed to talk.

of course, knowing how important it was to explain that katsuki had come over and confessed to you a second time wasn't something you should discuss over the phone. hence why shouta was so afraid as you only explained that you had a talk with bakugou and wanted to tell him about it.

by the time the next day arrived and he had dropped off eri, he quickly made his way over to you, nervous to even step out the car. shouta slowly made his way up the pavement, knocking on the door.

"hey," you opened the door, smiling to see the long black hair you missed entirely, "i missed you," your arms opened for a hug, figuring that a kiss wasn't suitable for the conversation you were about to have.

aizawa hummed, "i missed you too, baby," his hand rubbed up and down your back before pressing a solid kiss to your cheek.

you sighed, feeling more calm to talk to him, "come, no one's home right now so we can talk," you assured him, wanting the space to cleared, allowing both of you to speak freely.

"alright," shouta sat down on the couch, "so what's wrong?" he questions, a hand reaching to rest on your knee, "what'd you wanna talk about?"

"so, um... i've always been honest with you," you start off, "i told you that katsuki confessed to me that night of your fight."

"yeah," he nodded, having an idea on where this was going.

"well, he came over yesterday after dropping me home and basically confessed again."

aizawa frowned, a question on the tip of his tongue, "did he... uh, kiss you again?"

"yeah," you nodded, "and i kicked him out as soon as it happened and that's when i called you."

"right, so what else happened?"

you groan, thinking about what to say to him last night as the various thoughts made you cry, "his last confession was driven by rage so i didn't take him entirely serious. hence why i was still willing to be with you and really try to work this out, but last night..."

"last night, we talked more calmly and it made me realize that after our fight i was willing to stay with you because i wanted to try for you and eri," you explain, "rather than thinking about if i wanted to try for myself, my automatic thought was that i could never hurt you or eri this way over a confession."

aizawa struggled to hear you talk about bakugou this way. there was no room for dishonesty in this relationship which is why he adored being with you, however, if you felt the need to split apart and be with katsuki, he wasn't sure how he'd take it.

shouta groaned tiredly, rubbing his hands down in his face in pure frustration. never in his life did he think the happiness of someone else would be so important but he also wanted to be selfish and show that he was the only one that felt he truly deserved you.

"i know you don't want to hear it but..." he starts, cutting off the long silence, "i love you, y/n... whether you realize that you want to have me in your life romantically or platonically, you'll always be the one person i've felt this way for."

you frown, opening your arms out to him again. his arms opened just like you, your body completely toppling him as you hugged him as tight as you possibly could, "i love you too, shouta..." you mumble into his shoulder, feeling the need to cry.

though it wasn't through the feeling of romance, he could appreciate the first time you told him that you love him.

"don't cry, babe," he smiles, hearing you sniffle but made it obvious that he was crying as well, "we'll be best friends and you can still come around whenever you want to hang out with eri."

"yeah?" you lift your head, wiping away his stray tears, "you promise?"

there may be some renowned changes if your confession to katsuki succeeds but you'd still be willing to have aizawa in your life long term.

shouta does the same, using his thumb to wipe your cheeks then press a kiss to your forehead before holding you tight in his arms again.

"i promise."