♯ birthday plans

"YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT," you hear a low chuckle erupt from katsuki's throat. a frown could only shape your features at his comment before letting your eyes gaze over his disheveled manner.

"so do you!"

he scoffs, a smirk playing on his lips as he takes a sip of his lemonade through the straw, "no i don't."

despite the obvious eye bags, katsuki still had a flushed face and unruly hair that he didn't care to brush or comb through. at least what he wore fit the occasion of a casual lunch.

though you looked over how he presented himself a few times, his words of denial in which you insulted him seemed to slowly come as a solid truth. even after a ruthless night of getting drinking, katsuki still managed to look better than most.

"whatever," you sigh, brushing your thoughts away.

katsuki hummed, finding enjoyment in his taunting, "did you do anything for the break?"

"yeah! for the first few days i stayed with shouta and went to disneyland with his daughter, eri," you grin, reminiscing on the unforgettable memory, "then i went to a hot spring with my roomies and our partners."

"yeah? i've never been to disney but it sounds cool," katsuki shrugs as if what he stated was normal. he sees the look drawn on your face and chuckles, "what? is that bad?"

"of course it is!" you furrow your brows, "i would think your roommates would be the first to drag you there."

katsuki laughs and as you heard it your heart squeezed from the pure genuine sound. not used to seeing a much softer side to him sent your mind into a frenzy.

"we're actually planning to go for my birthday."

"really?" you eyes sparkle, "i hope you have fun! i'll be sure to bring you a gift before you travel off."

"well, um," his fingers tap the cold glass, clearly nervous about what was on his mind, "i was planning on asking if you wanted to go with us?"

your eyebrows raise and you sat up in your seat, shocked by his proposal.

"i—"

"if you can't, it's fine," he quickly assures, "i just thought it'd be nice for you and your friends to come since we're all familiar."

you smile, "i'd love to go. i've just got to tell shouta since it'll be a few days."

as katsuki heard your words of approval and spoke too quick on his tongue before allowing it to register in his brain.

"you should invite him too."

at that moment, his eye twitched and bit his tongue as punishment for saying the opposite of what he truly wanted.

"really?"

"uh, yeah, sure," he looks down, taking another sip of his drink.

in the back of his mind his thoughts screamed for hope of you denying his offer. he knew it'd be wrong for him to try and pursue you while your in a relationship hence why he wanted to at least soak up any moment he could get alone with you.

you sigh, fully contemplating on whether it'd be good idea. you were far from afraid on introducing aizawa to bakugou and you were also positive that shouta wouldn't feel insecure knowing that you met katsuki from tinder. however, with your roommates knowing the situation between the two, you had no doubt in mind that they would create a huge rift of tension for a trip that was meant to be fun.

"he'll probably have work but i'll still ask him to be considerate," you tell him, watching as his shoulders seem to drop with ease.

"okay, just let me know."