02

Mono knew he was dreaming when he found himself in the same dreadful hallway he would often see when he slumbered. Recently he stopped dreaming this after finding himself in the wilderness, which he found odd but was grateful for anyways, as this dream always freaked him out. He showed up in the wilderness after desperately escaping the last place he was through a television. Since he didn't have much control over his so-called "powers", it shattered the TV and left him unconscious and vulnerable on the ground. He was curious as to why he was here again, but he had a gut feeling that this place was important, and not in a good way. It was a feeling in his gut that made him feel that this place may end up playing a huge role in his life, but he tried pushing it away as this was just a dream. A dream that sometimes felt a little too real.

After thinking to himself for a bit, he suddenly snapped out of his gaze. Mono wished he didn't, because he immediately heard buzzing and his head started to pound. He then started to walk towards the door he could see at the end of the hallway, hoping that it was a chance to escape this nightmare. The deafening sound and piercing sensation in his head only increased as he walked towards the door, but for some reason he only took it as a sign to keep pushing forward.

Mono was almost there, his hand only a foot away from the handle, and then all of the sudden, the imaginary world around him faded into black. He woke up, his hand automatically going to his paper bag for reassurance. He tried to control his breathing, fearing that The Hunter would be nearby. He held onto his paper bag tight, wanting it to protect him from the dangerous, nasty world he wanted nothing more to escape from.

Mono eventually got his breathing back to normal, and his grip on the bag loosened to the point he let his hands relax back to the ground beside him. He stared at the slightly soft dirt, almost lost in a daze from the soft noises that could be heard. Then his head jerked up, and he suddenly remembered that there was something important today, that for once he had a goal. There was a kid in a house owned by a monster who needed his help! He had no time to sit and do nothing, such as he had been doing for so long.

Crawling from underneath the small shrub, Mono stayed crouched on the ground, listening for any suspicious sounds. When he heard none, he cautiously stood up, quickly stretching his aching limbs. He then began walking quietly back to the shambles of a house, where he believed the person he plans to rescue resides captured.

Mono looked for any movement or sound that would show that The Hunter was still in the house, but everything was quiet and still. Although that should have made him feel better, it only made him more on edge, because now he didn't know where The Hunter may be. Standing there for a few more minutes, he tried to gather as much courage as he could, albeit there was hardly any left because yesterday took most of it. Then he finally forced himself to walk towards the house, hoping that The Hunter would be gone somewhere, but knowing his luck and status in the world, he probably was in there and waiting for him.

He carefully walked up the porch, making sure to not let the boards squeak too much. Then he went to the window he saw conveniently open, and jumped up the boxes near it to get in. Before he made the jump inside, he looked around again, then he took a deep breath and jumped. Mono landed in what he assumed was the kitchen, and as soon as his feet hit the hard ground, a horrid smell washed over him. He stopped himself from gagging, and continued forward through the unknown.

As he wandered the house a bit, being extremely cautious while doing so, he began to hear a soft melody coming from somewhere in the house. He felt drawn to it, like the source of the melody would bring him where he wanted. Maybe it would, maybe that was the kid playing that melody. He thought about it perhaps being The Hunter, but brushed it off when he tried to imagine The Hunter actually doing anything slightly normal.