16

When the purple light faded Mono was met with a very familiar hallway. This time though, he knew it was real, not a part of his dreams or the television world, he was actually here. How he knew about it beforehand, was a mystery he didn't care to wonder about. Right now, he needed to open the door.

Hopefully there wouldn't just be a chair with an overly tall man sitting on it in there this time.

As Mono ran down the twisted hallway, the door with an eye on it opened up, allowing him inside. It really was weird how the signal tower seemed to respond to him, inviting him in without repulsion. Though it wasn't nearly as weird as what the tower held.

There were doors covering most of the walls, all closed except for one that was straight across the large room. The space was nearly empty, except for the items floating right in the air, all slightly moving and spinning. He was almost out of the room, the purple hue that was flooding out of the open door coming closer, when the door started to close on him. Apparently he wasn't meant to go that way, and he looked around the room to see that there was purple light coming from beneath a different door. He walked over to it, and the tower opened it, allowing him through. Perhaps the tower was guiding him? Hopefully, he needed to find Seven as soon as possible.

Mono felt a quick snap of power run through him, and he was teleported to another part of the tower. Clearly not expecting that, the boy fell forward. He slowly looked up, to see that he was now in front of a tall staircase. Getting back onto his feet, he began to run up them.

Mono didn't dare look down, already knowing that he was high up in the air. He wasn't necessarily scared of heights, and he quite often enjoyed them , but he still wasn't fond of them, especially if he was somewhere unknown. Actually, now that he thought about it, was the signal tower an unknown place? He keeps getting a sense of deja vu whenever he looks around, as if he's been here before. Maybe it was because of how often he had "visited" the beginning hallway into the place.

It took him a few seconds of running up the huge amount of stairs, but Mono made it to the door at the top and was once again transported to a different room. Knowing what to expect, he just continued to run, only stopping when he made it completely on the other side. Already seeing the door he would need to go through, he ran down the hallway and into it. Only to realize he ended up in the same exact hallway. Confused, he tried running to the door a few more times, thinking that the tower was just confused. After getting the same result, he knew he needed to try something different.

This is why Mono ran back through the door he originally came in through, which once again left him in the same room just at the end of the hallway through the door he was trying to get in. There was a sort of panic as the young boy realized he couldn't go back to the room he was in before. He was stuck in this hallway unless he found some way to break the loop.

This panic that was settling in with the boy from the realization is what led to him running in and through both doors several times, hoping that it would solve something. Somehow, either by his never ending luck or the tower finally taking pity on him, he ended up in a different area. He was in another hallway, and he had a feeling it was the same as before.

This time, Mono knew that he couldn't aimlessly try out whatever door he ran in, as now there were several more doors opened. Taking a deep breath, he began to actually investigate the hallway and the doors, knowing that there must be some clue as to which one he should go through. Going to each door, he realized that the door that was peeled upwards seemed to have small whispers and scuttling sounds coming from within, if he listened hard enough.

The paper bag-less boy didn't know if those sounds were a good thing, or if it meant that there was another bad person waiting for him. Then he thought about who would be in here, as the signal tower was relatively empty. Maybe that person was Seven, and the tower was indeed leading him to the younger boy. With these thoughts in mind, he took a cautious step forward, still wary of whatever the building held.