06

Mono couldn't help but get excited. He had found something that could potentially get both him and Seven out of this cursed house. He grabbed the box and held the key tighter in his small hand, then quickly got up. He regretted getting up so quickly when his vision blacked and he started swaying on his feet. He was really dehydrated, making sudden movements was almost too much for his body. He didn't care as much as he usually would though, and he waited for the nauseousness to stop, then went bouncing over to Seven.

He didn't hesitate this time to wake Seven up with a gentle nudge of his foot. "Oi! Seven, get up! I found something!" He whispered yelled, not trying to be too loud as Seven slowly opened his eyes, sleep still trying to drag him back to unconsciousness. Mono was also trying to control his voice due to them most likely not being the only ones in the house, and if The Hunter knew what they were planning, it could be the end for them. That's why when Seven was still getting up, Mono nervously peeked at the hole in the boards and felt relieved when there was no almost unseeable eye moving across them.

While Mono was practically jumping with excitement, Seven felt like he had been thrown off a high building. His stomach was strongly aching for him to give it something, practically anything at this point, and his throat was sore from being dry for so long. Not to mention all the pain from getting injured so much in the last week or so felt like it was coming back full force. He just felt so tired and miserable that even Mono's giddiness couldn't get him to feel happy. At this point Seven didn't even know if he could escape with Mono, being as weak as he was.

Mono could tell Seven wasn't doing good at all, which only made him want to escape sooner. Mono helped Seven onto his feet, Seven literally having to force himself to not sink right back to the ground. He was going to have to be strong for Mono, just for a little bit longer, pushing past his already strained limits. He honestly felt bad for being so useless. He thought that he should be used to this by now, that his body should be better from everything he's already gone through. All the sleepless nights, limited food and water, killers around every corner. Really, after dealing with all that for so long, how could he not handle this? That just shows how undependable he can really be. All the other kids were right, he didn't have what it takes to live outside the Maw.

Noticing that Seven was daydreaming again, Mono gently took his hand and walked him over to the chest, grabbing onto his arm every time he wobbled. It made Mono worried to see Seven so fragile and in pain. He should have found a way out a lot sooner, not just moping around and taking his precious time. Well, more so Seven's precious time, because Mono was in a lot better shape than him. Mono shook his head, right now wasn't the time to be thinking about things he couldn't change. He needed to get out of here before The Hunter checked on them again, perhaps even deciding that it wasn't worth slowly seeing them die slowly and finish the job right then. The thought of that happening caused Mono to glance back up at the hole, glad to see that The Hunter still wasn't there.

"So what was it that you had?" Seven quietly asked, he was more awake now, and he was curious to what Mono wanted him to see. He also had a little bit of hope that it may even be the thing that would get them out of here, though seeing how they haven't found anything that worked their entire stay, he didn't want to get himself too hopeful. Mono, upon hearing Seven's almost silent voice, came back to reality. He didn't want to waste anymore time that they had already lost, so he opened up his hand that was still occupied with Seven's own hand, both of which they forgot about. Seven stared at Mono's hand that he had opened, eyeing the key that was resting on it.

Seven had so many questions he wanted to ask Mono at that second, when it finally dawned on him that the key was most likely the key that would open up the mysterious chest. Where did Mono find it? When did he find it? Does it actually work on the chest? How long has he known about it? With all these questions, Seven didn't know what to ask first, or if he should ask some of them at all. To say the least, he was tongue tied, staring intensely at the key in Mono's palm.