15

Mono's eyes felt dull as he stared at the man on the floor, having to peel them away and force his heavy feet to get to the now open door.

If he had felt this way about a man he didn't know, then what about the Thin Man? Would he be able to kill him if he needed to?

No, Mono couldn't think that way. He would kill the Thin Man if need be. The only reason he felt this way towards the stranger getting further behind him, was because that was what the man was, a stranger. He didn't feel the intense hatred for the person like he did the Thin Man, and he knew that it wasn't even the man's fault he was like this. It was the Thin Man. Which is why the sickening drop in his stomach wouldn't stop him from murdering the terrible man that kidnapped Seven, because he didn't deserve Mono's guilt or sympathy.

Pushing onward, Mono turned on another television before investigating the rest of the watery room. It seemed that he couldn't use the lever on the wall, if he didn't want to be electrocuted like the other man that is. Forcing him to have to take the trash shoot next to it instead. He dropped down, expecting to fall some ways down into a nasty and foul smelling pile of trash, but instead was stopped by an oversized garbage bag in the middle of the vent.

Mono grimaced, not liking this one bit. Jumping up and down as hard as he could, he eventually got the trash bag to loosen and fall. He was almost grateful for the pungent, rotting trash when he landed on them safely and softly, nothing becoming hurt from the high fall. There were flies buzzing about the overload of trash, enjoying the abundance of food for themselves. Thinking about food would usually make Mono hungry, but considering where he was right now, it only made him feel nauseous.

Quickly hopping off the pile of trash, he ran out of the room and into the next. He could see the elevator that would have probably been able to go upstairs, as it was still on and running, but he couldn't reach the lever to open the gate for it. Luckily, he was able to drag one of the fallen suitcases that he could use to boost himself up to grab on it. He wished he had Seven to help him with that instead.

The gate didn't fully open, as it was considerably broken from the amount of damage the rest of the building endured. Mono was honestly grateful it worked at all. Turning his body sideways and slipping between the small opening, he was able to turn on the television in there. Instead of using it to teleport though, he climbed on top of it and used the new found height to pull down the lever inside the elevator that would bring him up.

The elevator doors creaked close and the whole machine shook before slowly making its descent up. Putting his hands on the television, Mono teleported before it could move too much, already forming up a plan from what he knew of the place. He reached the spot with the broken lever and trash shoot, and he waited only a second before jumping through where the elevator was supposed to stop and onto the top of it below. He had done this several times before, so he knew that he could use the top of the elevator to reach other rooms, which was probably his only shot of getting to Seven the fastest.

Instead of usually using the elevator to get to higher rooms, he used it to get to one that was just below the room he was just in with the trash shoot. The broken elevator couldn't stop there anymore, so he had to get in there the hard way.

Landing on the ground and watching the elevator go back to the bottom floor, he marched through the room and to the other side of it. There was a blocked off doorway, with no sounds coming from the other side, meaning there was most likely no way of getting in there. Standing there, he wondered if this room was just a dead end, and began to worry a little. He searched the room for any way of getting out of it, and eventually found that the box with a doll on it in the corner was actually hiding a vent behind it. Mono let out a relieved breath, glad that he just didn't get himself stuck, as that would put him back on getting Seven a lot.