04

After they were done talking and Mono had already jumped down, Seven went to the edge of the table, and was about to hop down as well when Mono held out his arms. He was caught off guard with the gesture, since he wasn't entirely used to people openly helping him, plus he was sure he could get down perfectly fine on his own, as he was able to get on the table by himself in the first place. Either way he still let Mono slightly catch him, Mono's arms going under his arms and wrapping around his back a little. He showed his gratitude for the kindness with an almost silent thanks, sort of embarrassed that he even let Mono catch him. If Mono saw his embarrassment, he showed no sign when he nodded his head anyways, and let go of the other boy.

Seven wasn't very used to people helping him. From where he lived at for awhile, everybody usually either tried to protect themselves or join very small, tight groups that hardly ever allowed outsiders such as Seven to join. Sure there were some people who were kind and would help others every now and again, but they were rare and most of the time ended up dead. Everybody was for themselves, but now he was working with Mono to survive, and he preferred it quite more than being alone. Seven wondered if Mono was still planning to stay with him when they escaped, because if so, he didn't think he would argue.

Mono turned his head and looked at the cages that were messily stacked on top of one another. It shouldn't be too hard to get them down, they would just have to be careful about it. A moment later, Mono turned his head back to Seven. "Do you think we can get them down without hurting ourselves?"

Seven awoke from his daydreaming and looked at Mono and then at the cages. He studied them for a minute, then looked back at Mono. "We can only reach the bottom, and that would cause the others to fall, so it could end up falling on us and hurting us." He said thoughtfully and noticed how Mono's shoulder shifted a bit and how his head slightly turned towards the cages. Seven might not be able to tell what expression Mono has, but that doesn't mean he can't tell what the other is feeling by their body language. Mono was rethinking the idea, or maybe he was trying to come up with a way to fix it's problem. Whatever it was, Seven continued before he could speak a word. "Though I think we'll be fine if we're careful." He spoke lower this time, trying to make Mono feel better about his plan. He knew that they could do this if they dodged any cages that may fall in their direction.

When the words came out of Seven's mouth, Mono was a little surprised, but was excited nonetheless. He was ready to get something done so they could be out of here sooner, even if it ended up not working. Anything was worth a try, since they didn't have many options to begin with. Mono tried to give Seven an appreciative smile, but then again remembered that Seven wouldn't be able to see it and faltered.

They then went over to the cages stacked up and looked at one another. Mono gestured to the bottom cage and grabbed one of the bars with both of his tiny hands, ready to pull whenever Seven got ready. Seven also leaned forwards and grabbed a cold, rusty, metal bar. He glanced back at Mono and saw him nod, they then started tugging on the bottom one, being the only one they could fully reach. They strained a little from the weight of the cages, both pulling as hard as they could. The cage was soon pulled out, after a lot of shifting and tugging, causing both boys to fall backwards and the other cages to fall down. One cage was hurdling right towards Seven, but Mono quickly pulled Seven closer to himself. The cage came crashing down right next to them, luckily harming neither of them. Seven breathed out a short thank you and slowly got up, still dazed from the spook.

Mono looked at him concerned, and was about to ask if he was okay as he stood up, but Seven faced Mono and gave him a smile before he could do anything. Despite the situation, Mono brightened up to the point he smiled as well. Mono, instead of checking up on Seven, just gave him a short pat on the shoulder to try to give him comfort. Seven tensed up but his grin grew bigger nonetheless, since they were possibly one step closer to getting out of here.