05

Seven woke up slowly, his mind still ridden with tiredness and fogginess. Though when he moved a bit and didn't feel anybody laying beside him, he threw himself to his side, uncurling completely and using his elbow to prop him up. Looking at the cold empty spot beside him. Remembering his nightmare, he started to freak out some, worrying that something might have happened to Mono.

Seven first looked to the doorway, to see if The Hunter had somehow gotten in there and taken Mono without him waking up. He should've been relieved that the wood was still mostly intact, but that only made him worry more about where the paper bag boy could be. He took the warm coat off carefully, not wanting to rip or tear Mono's clothes. Then he put his hands on the ground and pushed himself up, forcing his legs to remain steady.

From being dehydrated, hungry, and very exhausted, Seven's vision faded to black and his ears started ringing. Yet he still put all of his focus into his balance, so he wouldn't fall over. He knew that the black and ringing would go away soon, he just couldn't give in. After a few more seconds of impatiently waiting for his body to recover from getting up so hastily, his sight and hearing returned to normal. Then when he felt confident that he wouldn't fall over or pass out, he started to search the room.

It didn't take long for Seven to find Mono staring outside the window, oblivious to the world around him, or maybe he was just oblivious to what was going on in the room at the moment. Seven couldn't think very clearly at that moment, as his head was still heavy from just waking up so abruptly. That didn't stop Seven from making his way over to the table where the haphazardly stacked cages were, nor did it stop him from slowly climbing his way up there.

Seven might have almost fallen off once or twice, while simultaneously trying to both stare at Mono, climb, and balance, all while feeling like he was about to pass out for a couple of more hours. When he finally made his way up there, it seemed that Mono still didn't realize that Seven was there, which made Seven curious. He was about to look outside, when Mono suddenly turned to look at him.

"Oh- Seven? I didn't even notice you were up." Seven, too tired to respond correctly, just nodded his head. Mono didn't care either way, as he was happy that Seven was up just in time to see the outside world. Instead of telling Seven to look he stepped to the side a little to allow Seven some room, slightly pointed outside, and then turned back to stare again.

Seven understood what Mono was trying to tell him to do, and so he stood next to Mono and peered outside, curious as to what Mono was so fascinated with.

His breath caught in his throat, and he had to squint a bit but he didn't dare close his eyes, not wanting to stop looking. Although they were close to the ground, it did not obstruct the marvelous view they could see. The dark green trees surrounded the area, and right between them was a brilliant sun that was ever so slowly rising between them, its colorful rays filtering softly through the trees. There was some low fog still fighting to be there, the wetness starting to stick to the ground as dew from the bright sun. Several birds could be seen flying about, chirping cheerfully at the proposal of a beautiful day that was promised to come. Flowers stretched, trying to reach the sunshine that was teasing it with warmth and comfort from the cold night. Clouds that had not lowered to become fog, stayed up in the redish orange sky, only drifting scarcely across the sky, almost as if afraid to cover up the sky's beauty.

Neither boy wanted to look away from the outside world. It was something so colorful and beautiful that it seemed unnatural in a world like theirs, as if it didn't belong here, and they may have even thought they were dreaming. The days were usually gray and cloudy, yet right now was a proudly magnificent sight, so rare and wondrous that everything was relishing in it. Or perhaps the two kids have really been missing the outside world, even though it has been a few days. Maybe it was just that they wanted some sort of comfort or thing to keep going for, to keep pushing until they couldn't. Whatever it was, they wished that they could be out there, enjoying the wonderful day the world had planned, but they were instead stuck in an insane man's house.