12

Mono and Seven exited the elevator hand in hand, their feet slapping against the smooth tile underneath. It was still pitch black, the only source of light coming from his flashlight and elevator. A strong odor came from down the wide hall, which they learned was coming from a pile of moldy mannequins. Not wanting to go that way, they started heading down the opposite hallway.

There was another gate, though this time they just needed to climb up a piece of metal hanging out of the window opening, easily getting in. There were surprisingly working lights above them, lighting up where they needed to go, so that Mono didn't need to constantly hold the flashlight. It was a good thing too, because after going closer to the barely boarded up door, one of the cabinets on the file drawer began to shake. One hand popped out, Seven rushed over and started to try and keep the rest of whatever was in there locked up. Mono picked up a pipe piece instead, fighting off the escaped hand, keeping it away from Seven.

Mono got a few swings on the hand crawling around before Seven couldn't keep holding back the other one, it springing out as he ran towards the door. With Mono fighting the hands, Seven worked on trying to pull the boards off the bottom of the door, slightly covering up the hole there. Mono was able to fend himself from the hands, taking them both out. Seven was still panickingly struggling with the door when Mono came over to him, helping take off the rest of the boards.

If they thought the hallway smelled bad, then this room just out right stunk, probably because of the literal rotting face masks on the wall. They could both hear banging over head, which was never a good sign, Mono sticking closer to Seven as he looked up and continued. They walked quietly into the next room that had shelves almost everywhere full of mostly towels and medical stuff. The thing that stuck out the most was a large man hanging on the ceiling, crawling around instead of using the floor, his body twisting in ways it shouldn't to do so.

The two boys hid underneath one of the shelves and peered at the deformed man as he was using the shelves to hold himself while he looked around. The man, if you could consider it that anymore, had fat rolling down and his forehead was extremely wrinkly. Neither child liked the look of the doctor, watching cautiously as he crawled away on the ceiling. How in the world did the ceiling not fall from the pressure? They would probably never know.

As the doctor worked on what the two boys could only hope was mannequin parts, they attempted to sneak past, not wanting to be chased by the thing. It worked, they were able to crouch walk through a hole and into the next room. The room they were in now had a lot of beds, most likely being an old resting room or medical bay. Glad for the bed's covering, the two watched as the disturbing figure opened the door and crawled through there, grunting and huffing. The roof creaked and crumbled a bit from the pressure of the oversized man, but still did not break.

Seven's breathing stopped whenever the man bent down next to the bed he and Mono were hiding under, messing with something on top of the bed, most likely a mannequin patient. When he went away to do the same to another mannequin, the boys began to quietly sneak under another bed, praying they wouldn't be caught. They were slowly making their way over as the doctor worked away, not knowing that they were two very alive children there it could grab for whatever weird experiments he was doing.

Making a hand movement for Mono to stay put in a safe position, ignoring the obvious dislike from the boy, Seven made his way to a block on the ground. They would need it to press the button on a gate out of the room. Quickly, but silently, the boys got back to the gate, and Seven threw the block as hard as he could at the button. The gate made a loud buzzing sound like it always did while opening, making both boys sprint out of the room and into a hiding place. The doctor made some weird grunting noises, shuffling as fast as he could go to investigate what happened.