11

Walking into the building, Mono registered it as a hospital from the layout of the first room. There were cots laying and other medical supplies laying around, and Mono wondered if it would be a good idea to take some for later. From what he could see in the dim light, there appeared to be no life or movement, which didn't make him feel any better. He grabbed back onto Seven's hand and walked slowly deeper into the place.

Seven didn't know why Mono wanted to explore this gloomy looking building, himself not feeling up to it in the slightest. Though when Mono grabbed onto his hand, he didn't say anything or try to pull away as he was dragged along. This hospital felt off to him, like it wasn't all as it seemed to be. He couldn't let Mono explore by himself.

That was proved to Seven when he and Mono pushed open the door, only for him to stumble forward and almost fall off into the dark abyss below. Luckily Mono grabbed onto him and pulled him back up before he fell, holding Seven worriedly as the paper bag boy looked cautiously over the edge. He was starting to regret coming into the place, but he felt as if he couldn't go back, so he glanced at the oddly hanging beds and got ready to jump. If he needed to do this so that he and Seven could be safe, he would.

Seven didn't waste any time to follow Mono, not daring to look down as he did. Hopping from one bed onto another to climb up like a ladder, Seven was already starting to get tired. It feels like the sleep he had earlier already wore off, but he wasn't going to quit now, not if Mono was to keep going.

Jumping into the wide open door, they were finally safe from the hanging beds. Going down the dark hallway, Seven didn't think too much as he walked close to Mono. That's when Mono realized it was a dead end, the electric door not buzzing like the last one. The other door down the hall was unreachable, meaning that they needed to find a way to get the door to open. Remembering seeing a battery like thing close to the fist door they came in at, Mono knew that it had to be the thing powering it, especially with most places no longer having electricity due to multiple reasons.

Running back down the hall to try out his theory, he gestured for Seven to stay where he was and wait, since he was only going to be gone for a second. He got back to the door and walked over to the wall with the bright battery sitting inside it, and took a minute to study it in case of anything that may be dangerous. When he found nothing, Mono grabbed onto the handle and yanked it out, the battery easily slipping out, made to be moved from one place to another. The door beside him closed, no longer having the energy to keep its doors open.

He came back over to the door, with Seven giving him a weird look as he was packing around something that he had no clue about. Though it all seemed to make sense when Mono plugged the battery in and the door began to humm, opening up for them. He gave Mono a goofy grin and a small nod, which made Mono smile back, too bad Seven couldn't see it.

What they both thought was just a door, was actually the opening to what appeared to be an elevator, though the actual elevator was stuck below them. Mono having to jump down, Seven coming right down with him, making the elevator slip a bit and the rope to loosen. Neither of the boys liked that one bit, knowing it could be dangerous if the elevator really did fall, so Seven cautiously made his way to the vent close by to open it. Mono rushed to help as the elevator began to creak and move from the extra weight and looseness of the only thing holding it there.

They barely made it in the small vent when the elevator was completely detached to the cord, causing it to fall, sparks were flying as it scraped the walls all the way down. Instead of there being a loud bang from it finally reaching the bottom, the scraping noise faded, making Mono wonder just how far deep the elevator actually went, and glad he wasn't going down with it.

The room outside the vent was practically pitch black, no outside light able to reach it. Making it a good thing that Seven found a flashlight in the middle of the room, handing it over to Mono for him to use. He's had enough experience with flashlights to know that he didn't like trying to use them, especially when he needed to run or hide. It didn't take a genius to figure out how to use it, so as soon as Mono grabbed the flashlight from Seven, he pressed the button, the light instantly lighting up part of the room. Mono was relieved to know that he and Seven weren't about to try to explore this place in the dark, that would just be a nightmare and a headache.