Chapter 4

author's note: I almost didn't post this chapter, I wasn't satisfied with how I wrote it but I hope you guys would like it anyway. please let me know how it turned out for you.

Chapter 4

"I will only do it with you, P'Arthit"

Those words wouldn't stop echoing after me. Damn it, why can't I stop thinking about it. Why did I engage in conversation with him and let myself get riled up by anything he has to say. I am past caring about him. I don't need this right now, not when I am about to close a big deal with some really important men. Why can't I stop hearing those words in my head?

As soon as the meeting was over and Nue and I are done seeing our investors off, I started to move towards my car.

"P'Arthit!" Nue suddenly said my name very loudly, startling me.

"What? What is it?" She didn't say anything but her frown said a lot. Had she been calling me just now?

"Are you still mad that I didn't tell you about Kongpob?"

"Hardly. But now your nonsense from the other night makes a lot of sense."

"My nonsense?" she tilted her head.

I had a feeling Nue was hiding something but I didn't care. It turned out she knew Kongpob was back in the country and was keeping it all to herself. "Here I thought you finally moved on."

I began to walk away seeing the conversation as over but Nue chased after me, her heels clacking on the asphalt. "What do you mean by that?"

"Exactly what I said. You hid it from me so that you can keep him all to yourself. "I glance over the door of my car and smiled at her. "You can keep him if you want to."

I will only do it with you.

Those words again. Just get out of my head already. I wanted to hit my head against the car but Nue's words stopped me. "You know that's not true, don't even try to pretend. You know the one I have feelings for is you."

"Right," I said. Nue keeps acting like she loves me for some reason. We have an agreement to marry each other but it was purely for business reasons, yet she always acts like she was giving me permission to be with other people and that I would eventually turn to her. I didn't want to fight with her since it benefitted me to keep her in her bubble of delusion.

"P'Arthit, Kongpob already quit working for the company."

"What?"

"I'm guessing you had something to do with it."

I only told him once and he did it. I let out a scoffing laugh. He isn't as persistent as last time. I was thinking he would try even harder until I have no choice but to get dirty with him.

'I will only do it with you'

"Damn it!" I hit on the car. Those words again.

"What? Are you that bothered? Did you really have nothing to do with it?"

"I told him to do it," I said. "I didn't want him around anyway, not with his family the way they are."

"Oh, so you sent him away to keep his family from looking over here."

That was exactly the reason. Two years ago I had my encounter with Kongpob's family, those pompous assholes. The fool that I was still thought that I could somehow get information as to Kongpob's whereabouts from them.

Of course, when I went to the family house I didn't expect anyone to recognize me from that time when I crashed Kongpob's wedding. I didn't know that they were a grudge-holding family.