Chapter 13

Author's note: as promised I have updated the two chapters for this story. Don't know if anyone is still here though. If anyone cares to see the end of this story please leave me a comment. There is one chapter left and I hope I can write it.

Chapter 13

It is sad to say that moving out of P'Arthit's house and not hearing his voice for a week stopped my pain and sickness. I was strong enough to move about, the burns are only on my back now and I didn't have a cough that felt like it was splitting my throat. I wished that it didn't, that I could call P'Arthit to tell him he was wrong for leaving me and that I was still dying. He wouldn't pick up my calls. I suspected that he has blocked me.

Thanks to my recovery I am now able to come and see him. I feared he might have moved out from his apartment but I saw him leaving that morning. He would be back later so I decided to wait.

While I was waiting, I got a call from Rin. "Hey, Kongpob. How are you?"

I sighed, wishing I could lie. "Fine. A lot better than last time."

"That's good then."

"P'Arthit asked you to call didn't he?"

"Yeah," she sighed. "I would come myself but I am almost due and I shouldn't be moving about. I have never been so terrified in my whole life. I keep thinking about calling the asshole that impregnated me."

"Why?"

"I don't know, pregnancy brain? "

"You know P'Arthit is going to be there for you, don't you."

"Yeah but he didn't have a hand in creating this..." she paused. "Or maybe he did. He is the reason I ran away from home and got knocked up."

I laughed. "In that case, it's my baby too. I am the reason he became crazy and caused you to run away from home."

"Nah, I was the one who went crazy. I can't believe I outed him to his asshole of a dad. It was the literal worst thing I could have done to him."

"No, the worst thing was leaving him alone in a hotel while he was at his lowest and running off to another country."

"And causing him to believe you cheated on him with his worst enemy," she added.

"That too. " I sighed, "I am the worst thing that ever happened to P'Arthit."

"Yet I can't imagine him living if you are gone."

"..." I couldn't say anything. It's not as if I didn't understand P'Arthit's plan to save me. If our positions were switched I would be doing the same thing, but it wasn't a plan that could work in the long term. No matter what P'Arthit does, the circle of death remains. In half a year, I am going to die. Maybe with Paula.

"Rin, has P'Arthit told you that we've broken up?"

"Yeah but not why. He was devastated when he came home that night and I swear I was on my way to kick your ass but he said he broke up with you. If that's really true then why is he so sad, so beaten down? I don't know what happened."

"Right. " I knew he wouldn't have told her why. She wouldn't be able to wrap her mind around it at all.

"And you are not going to tell me."

I smiled. "You wouldn't believe me anyhow. Remember that time I tried to explain it to you and you lost your temper."

"Hmmm. Well, are you giving up? These last three weeks it felt like we finally had the old Arthit back so I will hate you forever if you give up."