Chapter 5

Author's note: hey friends, I am back. from today updates should come once a week. please read and enjoy and don't forget to vote.

Chapter 5

I should have moved out when I had the chance, that way I wouldn't know this feeling of seeing the person you love to move out to get away from you.

P'Arthit has moved out like he promised, which shouldn't have hit me as hard as it did but my armor is full of holes when it comes to P'Arthit. I wondered vaguely as I stared at the new couple checking out P'Arthit's now empty apartment if I have ever felt this defeated before. It was something akin to the defeat I felt each time I unite with my soulmate only to end up dying with them in our youth.

Speaking of dying, I am twenty-four now, one year away from the usual time of death. Since I ended up abandoning my soulmate, I wonder if she would live this time. The curse has to be broken if we are not together, right? The monk isn't here for me to ask the many questions I have, the most pressing being how it is possible for me to love someone else other than my soulmate. The monk said that we weren't meant to have soulmates. Such a thing didn't exist, it was just fantasy, but when I tied myself to my lover, I essentially made them my soulmate so didn't that mean that I was only supposed to love just them? How did things turn out like this? How am I so in love with P'Arthit that I didn't want to find Paula, my soulmate? There is obviously something wrong with that but that was over now.

I came back here knowing full well that I would never go back to Paula. I have completely accepted the end of that bond and this will put an end to everything, but to do that, I need P'Arthit. Even though he doesn't want me and has moved far away to get away from me, even when I know that I am still the same horrible person who causes him pain, I won't give up. I won't allow myself to give this up, not again. But... I still have no idea how to get him to even look at me. Should I shamelessly pursue him? As I thought this I slowly started to walk away from the view of P'Arthit's apartment, my head lowered.

"What the hell," a small gasp brought my attention around. Nue was standing behind me looking like she had just seen a train crash or something equally shocking. "Why are you here? Where's P'Arthit."

She looked at me like she suspected me of something and her fingers flexed around the bag she was holding, perhaps itching to grab me or worse.

"That's strange, shouldn't you already know that? You are his fiancée aren't you?" I wasn't the least bit intimidated however and stared down at her.

Her face closed up, which was rather interesting considering Nue has always been easy to read. She cleared her throat and said, "That's none of your business, just answer the question."

"I have a few questions of my own, will you answer them first?"

She tilted her head and frowned then she sighed. "Kongpob. Why can't you just—go back to where you came from? We don't need this right now."

"I love him," was all I said. It was all the answers I needed to give.

"So do I!" she admitted proudly, nearly shouting at the top of her voice, then she pulled back and glanced around with a worried expression on her face. "You don't have the right to know my feelings but Kongpob, you had your turn with him, you threw it away, now let me love him instead. Because of you, P'Arthit has changed so much for the worse." She told me in a stern but hushed voice. It seemed she didn't want anyone, perhaps P'Arthit, to know how she felt.

She made some good points, but I smiled and said them with a condescending tone. "What kind of love is that? You were in love with me just two years ago."