Chapter 10

author's note: hi my beautiful and patient readers, so sorry for the wait. I lost motivation for this story. motivation to write in general but I have slightly recovered so I am here to give you these two parts. two others will surely follow and then we can be done with this story. hope you are all still with me. let's go! I am also going to post a new story for Naruto fandom called blackmail, please read it too. thanks and don't forget to support me with your votes. : ) 

Chapter 10

"Why are you smiling?" Nue's voice sounded from my side. She was in my office helping me review the contract we needed to sign.

"I'm not smiling," I said but really I am. I can't control it. This feeling, this happiness, is something I am not used to nor can I remember ever experiencing because it has never happened before. Kongpob is back in my life, we are dating and he loves me. It's not like before where I knew he loved me but not completely, where I had to beg for his affection. In fact it is Kongpob who keeps seeking me out. He invites me over to his house, comes over to mine and buys dinner. We go out on weekends and in the evenings of weekdays. He doesn't allow me to miss him for too long. He is being the most attentive boyfriend. And he is my boyfriend.

"You are doing it again." She sounded noticeably annoyed. "Want me to take a picture this time?"

I sighed and looked at her. She was all made up, stern and not even meeting my gaze. There was something edgy about her too. Was she unhappy about something?

"Hey," I started—

"P'Arthit we need to have this contract signed by Monday. Can you focus, please?" Her eyes are fixed on her own part of the document and refused to acknowledge my gaze. I stared at her but it did nothing to figuring out what was wrong, just that something was wrong and I am the cause.

I needed to find time to inform her of Kongpob and I. She deserves to know that we were back together. As for our engagement... that didn't just concern me and her. There was Winry, my step mother who suggested the marriage in the first place. Just thinking about telling her that I didn't want to get married anymore makes me shiver. She will not take this lightly.

Still the person that would be most disappointed is likely... Nue. She still had her head bent over her document, her shoulder raised as if prepared to wage war.

I will just tell her later.

We finished reviewing the documents and it was all okay. Good. If this is signed then maybe Winry won't be so mad that I cancelled the engagement. It should be fine when I am bringing us quite a profit.

"P'Arthit," Nue called me. She was on her feet, her eyes staring at something behind me. "Why did you move out of your apartment?

That wasn't a question I was expecting her to ask. "Well I—"

"You are going to say it's because of Kongpob. You wanted to get away from him, right?"

"..."

"Then where are you living right now. Why didn't you tell me that you moved or where you moved to?"

"Nue," I raised my hands, "I was going to tell you eventually."

"Is that so or you just didn't consider me at all. Did telling me even cross your mind?"

No. it really hadn't, after all we don't have the type of relationship Nue thinks we have. We haven't crossed any line with each other and even though I made it abundantly clear that our engagement was strictly for business, I knew Nue didn't take me seriously. I let her believe that I had some iota of feelings for her because it was convenient. It was just easier for me to have her think like that and I am truly sorry. I can't believe how badly I treated her this whole time, yet she continued to smile at me and help me in my father's company which she didn't need to do. She played the fiancé so well that I am ashamed at myself. If only she didn't feel that way about me.