Chapter 6. Instant

DYCLAND is blind folded again. He's still strapped on the wheeled bed and the muzzle is still covering half of his face. Someone had wheeled him out of the basement and wheeled him on to a rising platform after.

The whirring and clicking of rusty wheels and chains from somewhere above the platform echoed through Dycland's ears that he can not tell nor pinpoint where they are taking him.  

After a lot of tremor and little pauses in between of the rising  platform, it finally came to a full stop. Dycland was wheeled again to now an eerily quiet place. From the sound he hears from the wheels of the bed as it moves, they are in a narrow path with a high ceiling. 

As he listened more, he could hear the clapping noise and gentle cheers of the many just far ahead. He flinched when a sharp thing brushed his shoulder blade.

"We're here, Mr. Wolf." The werecat. "I'm thinking that this will be a long night for all of us—especially for you." 

The werecat started giggling beside him. Elated for the forthcoming events. 

'Shut up,' is what he wants to say but his voice is not working. He can't even move a limb and it's starting to anger him. He wriggled on his bed, trying to at least loosen the tightness of the straps on his body. 

The werecat stops her giggles when she notices him moving. Her lips lose their care-free smile and turn to pout. She sighed as she watched the totally uncool desperation of Dycland as he grit his teeth and play tug with the straps.

"You never listened, did you? Or maybe you're just a klutz? I told you you can't get out of those ropes. I told you the doctor made those knots tight so you won't be able to run! I told you that, yes? Yes?" she said, her voice rising.

"Cathy." The goat-man, who pushed and pulled the wheeled bed, interrupted.

"Huh?!"

"The curator's calling," the goat-man pointed his finger ahead.

True enough, a human girl dressed in a tight fitting black dress that shows her curve is standing next to the heavy red curtain. She was looking at them with a straight face and all-is-business aura. 

Cathy the werecat straightened her back and met the human girl's eyes with the same expression. 

“Let’s go,” she said. 

The goat-man pushed the wheeled bed, following after Cathy. They stopped before the human girl.

“Is that for the main event?” the human-girl asked, eyeing the strapped, gagged, and blindfolded Dycland.

“Yes,” answered Cathy.

The human girl’s eyebrows furrowed. “Why is he like that? What with all. . . this?” she asked, pointing out the state of Dycland is in bed.

Cathy gave her a sharp and bored look. The human girl’s face always irritates her so to avoid getting engaged in a fight with this lowly creature, she decided to check her painted nails. “He wasn’t behaving well during the examination and the professor doesn't like werebeasts who're not strapped to go into his room. So, yeah–that’s why,” she explained.

She heard the human girl sigh. It irked Cathy that she instinctively glared at her. She saw the human-girl with her hands on her creased forehead.

“What? You havin’ a headache or something?” she snapped.

The human girl gave her a sharp look. “Get that muzzle off his mouth,” she said to Cathy.

“No,” Cathy denied. “The muzzle stays. But if you badly want to get bitten by a dog, sure I'll take it off.”