Chapter 10. The Man in the Moon

[Name change: Changed Elvin to Eljin.]

- ---

DYCLAND wasn't able to stop the oath taking. His blood and Fritz's blood dropped on the contact paper. With the words uttered by Fritz, the blood on the paper  glistened with ripples of bluish white and dried up immediately after, sealing the oath to the Man in the Moon.

"What have you done!" Dycland roared in anger. He struggles under Eljin who's holding him down against the table. He was able to snatched back his tied hands Fritz was holding. 

He twisted half of his body and hit Eljin's side with his elbow causing the guy to yelp but more in surprise than pain. Eljin's hold loosened and Dycland took that opportunity to lunge at Fritz. 

He climbed up the table, his hands stretched out and reaching for Fritz. But Fritz, who's surprisingly quick on his feet, stepped back and pressed himself against the walls with the contract in his hands, distancing himself good from his reach.

Dycland was about to jump over to Fritz when a strong pair of hands slammed him flat down the table. His head bumped hard on the table's edge, cutting his skin on his forehead. The impact was so great he thought he would lose consciousness and was glad that it did not happen. But he feels dizzy. 

Grunting, he tried to focus his eyes ahead and when it settled down, his eyes could see clearly again. He felt the pain in his body slowly depleting then his rage taking over upon remembering what's going on. 

He closed his eyes and in a controlled voice he said, "Give me that contract. Undo it now! I did not consent to everything! Let go of me, you f***ing bastard!" He was growling by the end of his words and struggling over Eljin's hold. Then he looked straight at Fritz, his eyes glowing deep red. "You do not know what an oath to the Overseer entails, human. What do you know? How did you know about the oath taking?"

Fritz looked back at him with a blank face. "You don't need to know," he said, unemotional.

"Did you teach him the way of the Therianthropes, Whitefang?" Dycland asked Eljin. 

Eljin did not answer. He even pressed Dycland more on the table.

Dycland grunted in pain but he continued talking "An oath to the Overseer means curse till death if broken. The Man on the Moon does not tolerate oath breakers nor the ones who make an oath against their will. What will you do if the Man in the Moon descends here? Human, you just made your lifespan shorter. Undo it now! You still have time!" 

Eljin pressed him down more. Dyclands heard a bone cracking inside his chest.

"F*** you, you bastard! You know what I'm talking about!" Dycland groaned, looking at Eljin behind him.

"You're misunderstanding something here, Mr. Sebastian," said Fritz.

"What?" He snarled.

"But that's understandable since you do not know what's going on. Then, I'll tell you a bit about our situation here." Fritz pulled the chair and sat on it. He crossed his legs and put the signed paper on his lap. 

"I am . . . a chosen Amaranth."

"What in the world are you spouting—"

"I have seen and met the Man in the Moon you Therianthropes are worshipping."

"We do not worship—!"

"Let me educate you what's an Amaranth—"

"I don't need it! I know what an Amaranth is!"