Chapter 13. The Newcomer

LIKE a cannonball coming out of nowhere, another Werewolf comes, slamming its body to the charging Werewolf. 

The newcomer is in his Were-human form: wolf ears on human head, brown long tail on its behind, and long, sharp nails that are close to be claws.

Cassia slumped on the ground, the strength on her knees leaving her. Her hands plop down beside her, numb, letting go of the thick branch she's holding. It rolled inches away beside her. 

Is she saved? 

She let out a shaky breath. She clasped her shaking hands and tucked it in her chest. She closed her eyes, and she could hear the blood thumping in her ears. She needs to calm down. It's not like this is over. She knows it's not. After all, werewolves don't go down that easily.

With that thought, she heard a rustle. Opening her eyes, her jaw dropped as the thrown Werewolf stood up, staggering. It groans, shaking its head. 

'That's right. They're monsters after all,' she thought, feeling defeated. 

Cassia began tapping the ground next to her, looking for the fallen branch. 

'Even if that's the case, I have to survive! I need to get away from here.'

Feeling the rough and dry bark of the branch with the tip of her fingers, she grabbed it and stood. Disregarding her shaky knees. With her heart thumping loud against her ears, she holds the branch tightly in front of her with her two hands. She took a deep breath as she watched the Werewolf regain its focus and wobble on its feet.

"Don't do anything stupid," said a deep voice beside her.

Her head whipped to her right and saw the newcomer standing just an arm away from her looking bored. She almost forgot that this one's here because of her own fear. 

"What?" She breathed.

The newcomer looked her way. She gasped when she saw the color of his eyes. It was red. 

Instinctively, she positioned the branch she's tightly gripping in his way. 'He's an Alpha! I have to get away!' 

His red orbs look down on the branch. 

"Stay."

Cassia flinched. That was all he said and she can't move any muscle on her body anymore. This is the exact reason why she doesn't want to go near any Alpha. They always have the power to control those who are below them in ranking. And her, even though she's an Alpha too, her rank is nothing to an Alpha Leader of a pack as she's a lone wolf. Also, her eyes will never glow red.

The newcomer tilted his head looking at her. 

"What's this?" He said in wonder. "I can tell that you're not a low ranking Werewolf . . . . Are you perhaps . . . a lone Alpha Werewolf?"

Cassia gritted her teeth. She's been found out! He'll dominate her, like what the others do! 'That's what they always do!' She thought, closing her eyes. 

She waited for him to say something but nothing was said. She opened an eye and took a peek. The newcomer's attention was not on her anymore. He was looking at something else. Following his line of vision, Cassia saw the other Werewolf glaring at them. Its appearance was the morph of a wolf and human, called Berserk. Like a human, the Berserker stands on its two legs. The difference is it has the head of a wolf, fangs, sharp and long claws on its hands and feet, and it has two heels. Its height is the same as the regular human height. The power is twice as much as the regular Werewolf. It's fast, both in healing ability and physical ability.