Chapter 17. The She-Wolf and the He-Wolf

HIS plan to walk away didn't go well when the bird talked. He listened to the bird talk with urgency with an eyebrow raised. It turns out that the white bird he's trying to make a meal of is a shapeshifter. 

It's not the first he's seen one but this is still a surprise. 

The fact that a white raven – one of the rarest shapeshifters – is owned by this wimpy Alpha. . .

Maybe she's more capable than he thinks of her?

As he observed more, he found out that it's not the case at all.

The Raven is staying with the female Alpha to protect her and acts more like a companion.

Naturally, Raven shapeshifters are attracted to bind themselves to a Werewolf or to a Werewolf pack as a servant, not a companion. It's the law of nature. 

But the relationship of the Raven and the female Alpha suggests that they don't have that kind of bond. They're friendly to each other.

Dycland can somehow tell why. 

The female Alpha's too weak to be a Master of the Raven who's independent.

She's. . . to kind. 

Dycland can not stand the likes of her. His hate for her tripled.

Dycland jumped when the female Alpha suddenly started shouting. She went on rambling about knowing her life is in danger that she doesn't need to be reminded of every time. 

But the bird only said it once, Dycland thought confused.

As she rambled, she told the Raven about their encounter. She told her how he spared her life after beheading the Berserker with just a whip of hand. 

Meanwhile, the Raven has gone speechless – totally perplexed by the female Alpha outburst but eventually recovered quickly when he heard that he and the female Alpha have met. 

The Raven transforms into his human form to calm her. 

Dycland checks him out. He's an adult man with a young looking face. He has spiky silvery hair and he's taller than him. 

That didn't sit well with him.

 He looks intelligent, too.

Hmm. If that is true, it's just right for him to stick with Wimpy. He must be the reason why that weakling's still alive, Dycland thought.

As he listens more to their conversation, Dycland finds out that the female Alpha is indeed near her Heat Cycle. 

That totally explains her strong scent. But I haven't been affected this much before. Even Olivia's heat is nothing to me. Except for Jack, of course…

As he thinks of Olivia, a female member in his pack, he silently wonders how they are doing right now.

I need to get out of here. I'm worried about the pack. Without me, they'll be hunted down by those Nobles. He paused. His face turned dark as he thought of the Nobles, too. I'll kill those faggots if they touch anyone in my pack.

"I'll find a way to get you out—" the Raven was saying.

Dycland ears perked. Oh. He listened more.

"...take the falls on the other side of the dome! Don't go close to the Ivy Cave, alright? Cassia!"

"Y-yeah. . ." answered the female Alpha.

"Cassia, huh. . ." muttered Dycland. That's her name? Hmm. . .

The Raven transformed into a bird and flew away hurriedly.