Chapter 24. Infiltration

"WHERE are the others?" Dycland asked, sitting beside Hans.

"The old woman 's with Wally. They're staying at the inn near the city gate. The other Nu, Walter and Gun got jobs at a pub across the street and will join us here later," informed Jack.

"And Phillip?"

The three exchanges look. 

"About that…he went after you after hearing you got caught. Since then, he's still not back. Hans can't reach him either, so we don't know where he is right now."

Dycland paused for a moment. "That's four months ago in total," he said, counting the days. "Have you tried tracking him down?"

"Well, some of us tried. Orion too, but there was no trace of him which is odd."

"Dianne also tried to look into it but she said something's blocking her vision," added Olivia.

"Something's blocking her? What does that mean?" Dycland asked, his forehead creased.

"She can't say too, but her hunch is memory loss."

Dycland was stunned. "What?"

"We know! But you know how stingy the old lady is with information sharing," grimaced Jack.

Dycland sighed.

"I'll talk to her. Where is she?" He said.

"She's with Wally. They'll be here any time now anyway. Let's just wait for them."

Dycland sat back down. 

"By the way, how come you're here?" He asked, frowning.

Jack picked a grape and tossed it in his mouth before answering. 

"Old Dianne told us to hang around here. That was three days ago, is that right Oli?" 

Olivia nodded. "Yes. She did not tell us why of course. She just ordered us to 'wait'."

"She must've seen you coming," added Jack.

Hans gives him a mug of beer.

"Thanks," he muttered, accepting it.

Hans nodded.

The door rattled and opened, making them all turn to it.

Stepping into the room are two men. A tall bald head man and a short man wearing a baggy shirt and top.

Their faces glowed when they saw Dycland sitting among the waiters at the long wooden table.

"Dycland!" They exclaimed happily.

"Gun. Vicktor," smiled Dycland.

Gun, the tall bald man sat next to Olivia, while Vicktor, the short man wearing baggy clothes sat next to Gun.

"You're here!" Gun said, enthusiastically.

"Tell us what happened! Where did you go?" said Vicktor, looking so worried.

These two and Wally are the Nu of the pack. They are the tracker of the natural resources, providing safe places to camp, food, and scouts the vicinity of the set up camp.

"I'll tell you when everybody is here. But is this okay? Can we use this place to talk?" Asked Dycland, turning to everybody.

"Yes!" Answered Gun. "Boreal is a nice Werebeast. He's a jaguar! Dianne likes him too!"

Dycland's eyebrow shot up. "Boreal is a Werejaguar?"

Gun tilted his head. "Yes. He smells of grass and mice."