Chapter 19. The Perfect Plan

ELJIN is sitting quietly, hiding behind the thick bush of berries. He has been there since yesterday, watching movement from the falls.

And like all days, it was only the shapeshifter who went in and out the cave. 

Eljin found out that the bird got a routine. 

Every sunrise, it'll fly behind the falls into the cave and fly out after half an hour. It'll fly south and back again after an hour with fruit in its mouth. Then it'll fly directly behind the falls and be out after half an hour. 

This routine also happens in the middle of the day and sunset. 

Sometimes within the day, the white raven sat on the rock and stared at nothing, deep in thought. 

What Eljin finds weird everytime is when the bird returns to its present state of mind, it'll shudder and shake its whole body aggressively that its little feathers will fall off. Then it'll fly low in circles above the river, squawking like a lunatic.

What is that? A spell? He wondered.

Now, the white bird sat quietly on top of the rock, still like a statue.

He'll lose his head any minute anyway. Whatever.

Eljin got bored looking at the same thing so he tore his eyes off it.

It's been three days and he did not see that idiot Dycland stepping out of the cave. Nor the female Alpha he was with. 

He was certain Dycland and the female Alpha were together in the cave. The scent that they emitted from the last Crescent Moon still lingers in the air. 

And now, Dycland emits more of his scent than the female.

That prick's scent is more pungent than the female's in the air. It seems like he's taken a liking to the female and is marking her by covering her with his scent and at the same time, giving off warning to the other werebeasts who are lurking in the shadows around the area.

Eljin knew instantly that Dycland's making the falls and its surrounding area his territory.

As always, Dycland is an arrogant and rude bastard.

The other day, Eljin went back to the hospital to report the results of his three days' stake out to Fritz.

"Really?! They've mated? Perfect!" The guy exclaimed in happiness.

Fritz was over the moon as he can not hide his expectation for Dycland and the female's soon-to-be born kid like he's sure the female will be pregnant which Eljin disagrees with.

The guy even marks all the calendars he has in all his offices at the old building, circling dates and jotting down notes Eljin does not understand. 

What Eljin knows is Fritz is counting the days down to the expected due date.

Eljin, on the other hand, doubts the possibility of the female's pregnancy this early. As to what he knows, the female Alpha is not a pure-blooded Werewolf—which does not meet Fritz's qualification at all. 

Fritz needs a pure blooded Lycan. A newborn Werewolf with parents who are pure-blooded Lycan too.

Dycland, of course, meets that qualification. After all, that bastard is the only son of the second generation of Sebastian Clan, also known as the Strongest Brown-Wolves of the West. 

A pure-blooded female Werewolf is sure to get pregnant after their Heat if they mated with their partner, but a half-blooded Werewolf takes time to bear kids.