Why is it Almost Maybe? (3)

-Dawn's POV-

She's currently sitting while watching Lea sing "Fallin'." She knew that Aga was the one who requested it.

She even helped Aga set-up the café for his so-called "date night".

She's really happy for Lea because finally after waiting for so many years, she finally found the one for her.

She glanced at the other corner of the table and saw Richard looking at her.

Honestly this is not the first time that they saw each other. He just got back to the hospital a week ago and after avoiding him for a week they finally had that "talk."

-flashback-

She just finished with a patient when someone entered her office.

"For you." She looked up and saw Richard carrying a bouquet of tulips in his hand.

She didn't accept it though. Ever since he came back he always does that. Giving her flowers everyday which she will just throw out, bringing her lunch na ibinibigay lang niya sa secretary niya.

She didn't want to talk to him.

They have nothing to talk about anyway.

"Dawn, please talk to me." Pakiusap ni Richard pero hindi niya ito pinansin.

She just continued what she was doing without looking at him.

Mapapagod ka din Chard, she mentally noted.

"Okay, you don't have to talk to me, I just need you to listen." He said but still she didn't respond.

Iniikot lang niya ang swivel chair niya para tumalikod dito so he is now facing her back. She just pretended to play with her phone thinking that Richard will get the message that she doesn't want to listen.

She heard Richard took a deep breath.

Good, siguro naman aalis na siya, she thought and congratulated herself for another successful day of avoiding the man.

And just as she thought he already left, he spoke again.

"I admit what Missy said was true." He started and like a flick of a switch her eyes watered upon hearing it. She don't want to listen anymore but she didn't move.

"It's true that I planned on using you to distract my parents Dawn. I planned on courting you so they will think that I am no longer into Missy. Lahat ng yun planado, the lunch outs and even the party, but the night that you told me about your past made me admire your courage and bravery. It took a lot of courage to fight for someone you love, but it took more to walk away from it and from that moment Dawn, I knew what I wanted. I wanted you. I may have planned it all but all that I showed you in those monthd together are all true Dawn, I didn't realized it at first because the truth is, I didn't plan on falling-in-love with you. " Napa pikit na lang siya ng mata dahil ramdam na ramdam niya ang katotohanan sa mga sinasabi nito.

"Kung may mali man akong nagawa that's not telling Missy that I already want out in the relationship dahil nakalimutan ko siya habang kasama kita. The day that Missy came to you was also the day I broke up with her, I was planning on telling you kaso naunahan niya ako e," she heard him took a deep breath and then there was silence.

It's as if he was waiting for her to reply but she chose to still keep quiet, she's wearing her earphones but there was no music.

Richard then went near her and noticed that she's wearing earphones, maybe he assumed that she didn't hear anything.