Chapter Two

Chuuya pov

God, I hate this. How come Mori made me do this job? These guys are lame. Even Higuchi could take 'em. I grumble my way through some stupid underground hideout, throwing a guard against the wall with my ability. Some idiots were stupid enough to steal from the Port Mafia. They're not even a real organization. Man this sucks. About a dozen men pop out from behind some crates and open fire at me. I direct the bullets back at them and they fall.

Too easy. I reach a room in the hideout where a man sits in a chair, quickly scanning over documents. Other objects like a desk and tables are also in the room. It looks like an office.

"I'll be taking those now." I say, ripping them out of his hands with my ability. I fold them up and tuck them into my coat.

"No!" The man screams. "How? Guards, get him!"

"All your guards are dead." I respond calmly. "Serves them right for being so goddam weak. I'm honestly bored." He clenches his teeth and glares at me.

"Are you bored now?" He yells, picking up the chair and hurling it at me before picking up the desk and tables and throwing those too. A super strength gift. Just like that kid from the Agency. I grin. Before any of the items can hit me, I stop them, leaving them hovering in the air around me. Then with a kick, I send them flying back towards him. They crash into him and the wall partly collapses on top of it all.

"Don't mess with the Port Mafia." I tell him as some of our employees rush in to clean up the mess. I know he won't be able to hear me. He's either dead or in critical condition. Whatever. He learned his lesson anyways.

I walk out of the hideout, past the bodies of the guards and out into some abandoned alleyway. I get in my car, which is a few blocks away, and drive back to the Port Mafia headquarters. I've had this car for about 4 years now. My last one got blown up on the night... stop thinking about that. He's moved on. He hates you now. It's not like he ever thinks about you anymore. I pull up to the Port Mafia headquarters and head inside. I get in the elevator.

"Mori." I say, knocking on the door before heading into his office.

"Come oooonnn Elliiissseee!" He's yelling, chasing the little blonde girl around the room and holding out a green dress. "Just put this on pleaaseee?!"

"No!" Elise pouts, evading his grasp. "I've had enough of your stupid dresses! I like the one I'm wearing right now! That one is ugly anyways!" Mori collapses into a miserable heap on the floor, muttering to himself.

"Uh, boss." I clear my throat.

"Oh, Chuuya." He looks up. "Is everything taken care of?"

"Yeah." I hand him the papers that were stolen. "I don't get why you sent me though. They weren't even hard to beat."

"Well, everybody else was occupied, so you were a great choice." He says, standing up and walking over to his desk. "You can go now." I turn and walk out of the room as he files away the papers in a cabinet. I don't have anything to do. It's late afternoon and the sun is just starting to set outside of the windows. The view looks nice. Maybe I'll go to my usual spot. Sometimes when I have nothing to do I go to the roof to look at the skyline. It's nice out today.

I head up the stairs leading to the roof and open the little door at the top, stepping outside. A breeze ruffles my hair, and I put a hand on top of my hat so it doesn't get blown away. I look over to the edge of the building. Wait. Is that... Dazai? Why is he on the roof here? Just as I'm about to yell at him, he jumps. WHAT THE HELL?!

I rush to the edge of the building. He's plummeting down, and I can see a small smile on his lips. Hell no. Using my ability, I reach out and grab hold of him, pulling him back up towards the roof. His eyes open and widen in surprise. I set him down a good distance away from the edge. I'm pissed.

"YOU IDIOT! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!" I scream. He blinks at me.

"Oh. Chuuya."

"ANSWER ME, DUMBASS!" I yell, taking a few steps towards him.

"I-" He turns away from me and looks at the building. "I was trying to kill myself."

"Well I know that much," I say, softening my tone, "but why? I always knew you were suicidal, but I never guessed you would actually go through with it. You always seemed like you were joking."

"Yeah well I guess I wasn't joking this time." He gives me a sad smile and sits down, so I sit next to him.

"Why'd you jump?" I ask. "I thought you were having a great time at the agency." He frowns at me.

"You know, it's ok for you to say you missed me."

"I- I- what? No-" I splutter. He gives me that stupid sad smile again.

"I tried to become a good person Chuuya, I really did. But everywhere I go all I do is just annoy everybody around me. I try to help but a lot of the time I just mess things up and people get mad at me again. I try to act cheerful and carefree, but really whenever somebody yells at me for being lazy or messing up it feels like a punch to the gut. I've been trying to be a good role model, but I just seem like some suicidal maniac who's lazy and never actually wants to do work. How can I be a good role model if I'm a horrible person? Most days... most days I feel like I don't deserve to live."

"Don't say that."

"What?"

"Don't ever say that to me again." I look deep into his dark brown eyes.

"You deserve to live, Dazai."

1021 words

A/N: I kin Dazai :')