Chapter Twenty-four

Chuuya pov

Dazai and I reach the flower shop across the street from the agency a few minutes after 6:00.

"Jeez, what took you so long?" Akutagawa snaps.

"It's ok, they're allowed to be late. You two look nice!" Atsushi says.

They're both in suits, so good thing we also dressed up.

"No, we're already running late. I made dinner reservations!" Akutagawa abruptly turns and starts walking off, and Atsushi motions for us to follow, jogging after him.

"I never would've thought I'd be going on a double date with all of you people." I say, grabbing Dazai's hand and pulling him after the two boys ahead of us.

Dazai chuckles a bit. "It is nice."

We jog to catch up with Atsushi and Akutagawa, and just as we're turning a corner, Atsushi walks straight into someone.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, are you ok?" Atsushi asks, holding his hand out to the person. "Wait..."

I recognize that man. Long blonde hair, glasses...

"Kunikida?" Dazai asks as the man stands up and brushes himself off.

"Dazai! Atsushi! What is going on here? Will you please explain to me why you're with two members of the Port Mafia and you're all wearing suits? Have you lost your minds?"

He starts to pull a small object out of his pocket, on closer inspection it looks like a notebook.

"Heyyy, no need to get violent!" Dazai steps in between us and the glasses man. He places a hand on his shoulder and I feel a small twinge of jealousy. We obviously can't tell him we're going on a date. That won't end well. We'd have to be stupid to do that.

"We," Dazai says, "are going on a date."

"Are you actually dumb." I say, folding my arms and glaring at the glasses man. "Why on earth would you tell him that we're supposed to be enemies, you idiot."

Dazai shrugs and the glasses man looks like he's struggling with the idea. "A-a date?" He chokes out. "You?"

Atsushi nods and turns a little pink. "W-what?" glasses man asks, looking really confused.

Dazai grabs him by the shoulders and shakes him. "We are daaattiiinngggg. Chuuya and I are daaaaatiiinggg. Atsushi and Akutagawa are daaaatttiiinnggg. Make sense now? We have dinner reservations, you know."

Atsushi and Akutagwa nod. Glasses man collects himself. "Well," he starts, "I certainly wasn't expecting that. I'll have to talk to the president about this."

I stiffen. If the president of the agency is about to find out, then Mori probably will, too. I could lose my job for this.

"Have fun, I guess?" The man adds, before quickly walking away.

"Byeeee, Kunikida!" Atsushi calls after him.

"Anyway, let's get going, shall we?" Dazai offers me his arm, which I slap away. "Aw, Chuuya, you were supposed to take my arm! It was supposed to be romantic!" He whines.

"That's not romantic!" I argue. "It's just stupid. Honestly!" I start to walk away but Dazai grabs me and pushes me against the wall of the nearest building, pinning my hands to my sides.

"Well then," he breathes. "Is this romantic?"

I feel my face get hot. "What the hell, bastard?"

"Jesus, get a room." Says Akutagwa from behind Dazai. Atsushi looks traumatized. "C'mon, we're gonna be late."