Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Heeyyy has anybody seen the BSD season 4 trailer? I've read the manga and I already know what's gonna happen but I'm still really excited!!! Also season 4 looks really cool, I'll attach the trailer below if any of y'all haven't seen it!

Dazai pov

"Oh my fucking god! Why the hell are you there everywhere I go? I'm going to kill you!" I turn around to see my favorite redhead stomping towards me.

"Chuuya!" I say, beaming at him, even though he's actually the last person I want to see right now. How am I supposed to work through everything if he's right there?

On closer inspection, he actually looks really, like really mad. I scramble up from my sitting position.

"Hey, Chuuya, I'm just gonna go now..." I laugh, trying to slide away, but he grabs me by the collar and somehow manages to make himself seem taller than me, even though that is not the case. Every inch of him radiates fury, and I shrink back.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" He yells, "Why are you always there whenever I want alone time, you shitty waste of bandages?!" He shakes my collar a bit. "Also, what the hell was that yesterday?!"

I blink. "You're the one who kissed me, you know." He drops my collar and sits down, burying his face in his hands.

"This is all your fault." He mumbles. "Maybe if you hadn't spouted all that nonsense I wouldn't have done that."

"But it's the truth." I say simply, sitting down next to him.

"Are you actually an idiot?!" He turns to me. "We're supposed to be enemies! Why would you ever say anything like that!" His face is bright red.

I feel bad now. I wish I hadn't said anything, but it's too late to fix it, I guess. I place a hand on his shoulder.

"Chuuya, I'm sorry, but-" he shrugs my hand off.

"Do you know who just came into my office to talk to me?" He grumbles.

"No, who?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Higuchi." He stares at his feet.

"What about her- oooohhhhh." It dawns on me. The earpieces. She must've heard our whole conversation. We're both bright red now.

"Chuuya, I'm sorry..." I say, "I totally forgot about that. Do you think I can make it up to you?"

"You can make it up to me by never talking to me again." He says, standing up. "What happened yesterday was a mistake, got it? I was tired and confused. You were also tired and confused. Neither of us meant anything that we said, and we're just going to pretend like none of that ever happened, ok?" He claps his hands together.

"But it did happen!" I protest. "You can't just pretend like it didn't! We have to talk about it! As embarrassed as I am right now, I know that ignoring the problem isn't going to fix anything, Chuuya. We have to talk through it." I stare at his face, hopeful that he might sit back down and talk to me, but I'm met with a cold hatred.

"It. Didn't. Happen." He growls. "I hope I never have to see your stupid face again, shitty mackarel. Just... stay away from me, ok?"

I nod silently and he hesitates before walking away. He throws one last glance over his shoulder before disappearing downstairs.

I turn my gaze back towards the skyline. I messed up big time. Now he never wants to talk to me again. You should just give up on him, Dazai. He's right. It was all a mistake.