Chapter Six

Chuuya pov

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Well, I guess that idiot Dazai wasn't the one who was blackmailing Mori after all. I don't know if I should be glad that it wasn't him or upset that I never got to beat his stupid face up. I wonder who was actually behind all this. Good thing that kid from the agency figured it out, otherwise we would've destroyed each other. When I find out who it was, I'm gonna make sure they learn their goddam lesson.

I head up to Mori's office after passing through his security and go inside, where Mori and Kyouyou are already waiting.

"Well?" Kyouyou asks. "Why'd he blackmail us?"

"He didn't." I reply. Kyouyou looks a little shocked but Mori nods for me to keep talking. "Apparently someone has also been blackmailing the agency's president, trying to make it look like it was us. And get us to fight each other. Who it is and what their motives are is still unclear, so we should start to work on that."

"And is Dazai still here?" Mori asked, smiling a little wickedly.

"N-no." I stuttered. "I- um let him go back to the agency. Would you have preferred it if I hadn't?"

"Oh no, it's fine." Mori said, leaning back in his chair. "In fact, I think we'll be getting a call from the agency just about-" the phone rings. "now." Mori picks up the phone. "Hello? Yes. Yes, I heard. Really? Are you sure you want to do that? Alright, we'll be there." He hangs up. "That was the agency. They want to team up to capture whoever is behind this."

"What?!" Kyouyou and I both ask.

"That's absurd!" I yell. "The agency is our enemy! We can't go teaming up with them! We've never done that before." Mori shrugs.

"Well, we will now. I mean, it makes sense. We were both targeted, and we both want revenge now, and we don't want to collide accidentally by doing that separately. It makes more sense to team up. We'll be meeting with them at a coffee shop at 5:30, which is in about an hour. Everyone's coming except Kajii and Hirotsu, who both had things to take care of."

"A coffee shop?" I ask. "Really?" Mori shrugs again.

"They suggested it. Neutral ground. Kyouyou, please gather everyone so we can head out." Kyouyou nods and exits the room.

"Are you really sure about this?" I ask Mori.

"Why wouldn't I be?" He responds.

...

One hour later, I'm sitting at a large round table in a coffee shop with Mori, Kyouyou, Akutagawa, Gin, Higuchi, Tachihara, the agency's president, some guy with glasses who's honestly kinda ugly, Dazai, tiger boy, kyouka, creepy psycho butterfly woman, freakishly strong child, that one smart kid with the weird hat, illusion boy and some weird girl who keeps fuckin' groping illusion boy. These people are weird. I'd never would've thought I'd be sitting at the same table as all of these people.

"So," ugly glasses man starts, "I think we all know why we're here, but just to recap-"

"Yeah, no." I respond. I hate your stupid glasses. "We all know why we're here, just get to the goddam point, I'm bored already." Dazai chuckles.

"Patience, Chuuya. Kunikida's just trying his best." He pats ugly glasses man's arm and smirks at me. I find myself glaring at the place where he touched him. After a second I realize that I'm glaring and mentally slap myself. He doesn't care about you. You don't care about him either. What happened this morning was just an accident. I look away and cross my arms. Weird hat kid clears his throat.

"So, I thought about it, and I know who was blackmailing all of us and why." He says. Tachihara and Higuchi exchange surprised glances.

"You already figured it out?" Higuchi asks. Weird hat kid grins.

"They don't call me Yokohama's greatest detective for nothing."

"Ok, who is it then?" Akutagawa demands impatiently.

"Has anyone ever heard of an organization called the Sheep?" Hat kid asks. It takes me a second to process his words, because I'm distracted by Tachihara making dreamy faces at illusion boy. Then I realize what he just said.  I freeze, staring at my feet. I can feel both Dazai and Mori's eyes on me. The Sheep. My old organization. My family. The people who betrayed me. Of course I know about the Sheep. Mori clears his throat.

"Yes, I believe we've heard of them." He glances at me before adding, "In fact, one of our members used to be a part of that organization." I can feel Dazai staring at me. Fuck off, Dazai. Just leave me alone.

"Oh, really?" tiger boy asks. "Who was it?" I look up.

"Me." I say. "I used to be the head of the organization before-" I struggle for a word.

"They backstabbed you and left you to die." Dazai offers. "That's when the Port Mafia took you in." I glare at him. "What?" He asks, shrugging. "They're just facts. I should know. I was there."

"Don't remind me." I grumble.

"Isn't this good?" Tachihara asks, snapping out of his trance and reluctantly turning away from illusion boy, who's sister is glaring at him. "Maybe your information on them could help us out." I snort.

"You think so? They got almost entirely wiped out. I doubt anything about them is the same anymore. They're not just kids like they used to be." I turn to weird hat kid. "Why are they doing this again?"

"So they can become more powerful." He replies. "Think about it. The agency and the mafia pretty much control Yokohama along with the special operations division. If we turned against each other and took each other out, only they would be left and they would be the most powerful organization in Yokohama. Unfortunately, they didn't execute their plan well enough. In fact, they don't even know that we've figured them out. They still think we're gonna destroy each other."

Ugly glasses man takes over. "So, we need to sneak up on them and take them all out before they even realize that we've figured out what they're doing. In order for this to work, we need to do it tomorrow night, before they start to get suspicious."

"So all that leaves is the question of who's going..." Mori muses. I suddenly feel something in my gut. Is this... dread?

"We think that we should have two teams, one able to secure the outside of the hideout and take out the guards outside without alerting anyone, and then one to actually go inside the hideout and capture all the members." creepy psycho butterfly woman says. "For the outside team, we think Tanizaki and Atsushi should go, because they can take out the guards without anyone ever knowing."

"Great!" Mori chirps. "Akutagawa will go with them!"

"What?!" Atsushi and Akutagawa yell in unison, both looking dismayed.

"Sometimes you have to work with those you despise." Mori smiles at Akutagawa, who mumbles something and looks at his feet.

"Then for actually going inside the hideout, we think Dazai should go, because he can easily take care of anyone who's gifted." creepy psycho butterfly woman says.

"Chuuya will go with him." Mori smiles at me. I knew it. Asshole.

"There is no fucking way I am going to team up again with this asshole. I've had enough of him." I declare.

"Wow, Chuuya, that really hurts." Dazai says, faking being hurt. "Considering I saved your life on multiple occasions."

"Same here." I snap back. He pales a little, both of us most likely thinking back to what happened yesterday.

"You two used to work together, so it makes sense." the agency's president says.

"Great!" Mori claps his hands. "Let's figure out logistics and the exact timing of things now!" I inwardly groan. I'm so not looking forward to tomorrow night.

1300 words

A/N: Y'all idk i kinda ship tachihara and tanizaki i feel like i would be cute wbu