Chapter Twenty-three

A/N: Tysm for 6k views, y'all! Just so you know, I'm kinda wrapping up this fic, so there will most likely only be a few chapters left! After this I'm gonna start like a one shots thingy so be sure to read that too thankss <33

Dazai pov

After about an hour of waiting in this stupid car, Chuuya finally comes out of the Port Mafia building.

"Jeez, what took you so long?" I ask, grabbing his wrist as he slips into the driver's seat of the car.

"Well, I had to give Mori a full report of everything that happened, and then Elise insisted on braiding my hair, and then Higuchi unfortunately insisted on me telling her all the details of everything that happened between us, and then Akutagawa cornered me for dating advice. I didn't know he was dating someone now." He starts up the engine and starts to pull out of our parking spot.

"Yeah, him and Atsushi. I've seen it coming for a while."

"Huh, I never would've guessed that. Tiger boy, huh?" He smiles. "Of course you saw it coming. Did you see us coming too?"

I look at him in surprise. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you do have a knack for predicting the future, I mean did you see us becoming a thing?"

"Honestly, I never knew that you would go through with it." I admit. "But look at us now."

Chuuya snorts. "Yep. Oh and by the way, you have your next therapy appointment in about 4 days."

"Ok!" I smile brightly at him. He catches my eye and blushes, then turns away and tries to focus on driving. I leave him alone and stare out the window.

After a bit, we arrive at Chuuya's apartment. We both get out of the car and head into the building, climbing up the stairs to the fourth floor. As Chuuya is unlocking the door, an elderly woman comes out of the apartment next door.

"Ah, Chuuya! It's nice to see you! How are you doing?" She asks.

"I'm doing well, Mrs. Yamamoto, how about you?" Chuuya responds, smiling.

"Oh, I'm doing okay, I've been busy lately with the grandkids and whatnot." She smiles. "Who's this you're with?"

"Oh, um, he's my-"

"His boyfriend." I interrupt, holding out my hand to shake with hers. "Dazai Osamu. Nice to meet you."

She giggles a little and shakes my hand. "Alright, well you youngsters have fun." She winks and Chuuya turns red. "I'm off to the store, see you!"

"She was nice." I observe, stepping into the apartment after Chuuya.

"Yeah." He replies.

Chuuya quietly closes the door to his apartment behind us and slips off his shoes. I follow his example and take mine off too, walking after him into the living room.

"Well today was kind of weird." I say, plopping down on the sofa.

"Don't have to tell me twice." He laughs, and my heart skips a beat.

I want to spend my life with this man.

I reach out my arms, and he sits down in my lap. So cute.

"So, I was thinking," he starts, "If we're both gonna be in a committed relationship with each other, maybe we should like, I don't know, move in together or something?" His cheeks turn a little pink.

I laugh.

"Hey, what's so funny?!" He yells, turning bright red and swatting at me.

"Nothing, you just get embarrassed by the tiniest things!" I say.