3

|■□■□■|
drifting through
_________________________________________

The days seemed to go on, time passing by faster and faster. Like each day melted into the other, becoming a spliced blur. His work hours were cut down to the point of note having enough to keep up the car payment.

Roommate was a selfish prick who cared about nothing but himself, bringing girls home and acting like a parent on a child's salary. He had soon grew... numb.

Everytime he'd wake up in the morning, he found himself wondering why he didn't stop breathing in his sleep. Why he was seeing the light of another day. Give it to someone more worthy, he thought.

He was drinking - more than anything. He didn't even remember the last time he tasted something without alcohol in it. He had found out that Jack Daniels made him numb and vodka was the best tasting drink in the world. He'd down it like it was water.

Perhaps that's why he couldn't pay his car bill, either way he didn't want to confront that. Just downed more vials of the cleared liquid that tasted like pure rubbing alcohol.

Sure it made him cough, but it hurt so good.

This night in particular, he was laid off. His manager saying something about him being a slow worker - which was utter bullshit. Though he was at a point in his life where he questioned if he actually deserved it.

He just shrugged and nodded, taking his last check and softly made his way out of the building. Turning and looking up at the skyscraper. He softly sucked his teeth. He had made his way to the nearest liquor store and bought some booze, on his way to his apartment when a girl handed him a pamphlet.

He couldn't make out what she said, but she giggled and ran off. It looked like a block party invitation, with a band and just utter chaos. Something he didn't mind being around at that moment.

Sure it was a lengthy walk, but he made it. Sure the street leading to the two story home was trashed, but there were cars parked any which way they could on the lawn of 456 Andrewe Lane.

Music pouring out through the walls of the home, the off blue lighting being shown from the street.

From then, he couldn't remember a thing as he went into that house.