19

|■□■□■|
what do I say when there's
nobody listening?
_________________________________________

I hadn't realized just how gone I had flown until I caught Harley's gaze, watching my wide eyed like a hawk. Though it wasn't malicious, he seemed concern nonetheless. I felt a light warmth surround me, feeling comfort in his concern.

I had come back to my body from well, wherever I was and helped him with his things. I assume he was surprised I was moving around normally again because he just stood back for a bit. I sure hope he wasn't having second thoughts of my home being his refuge.

Yeah he was a stranger, but I had never felt an odd feeling from this guy. There was a bunch of questions circling my brain like bees, but I wasn't going to bombard him.

The house was silent again, the place had been cleaned. Happy to have such amazing cleaning services.

The parents were gone until the end of next month and I started getting a bit bored, so I threw a party.

Masking I put on a light smile abd turned back to Harley.

"Wanna pick a room? There's like six rooms."

Harley puffed out his cheeks, it was honestly pretty fucking adorable.

I hadn't meant to offend him if I did, like I mentioned before I didn't know his story and wasn't comfortable asking yet.

"It's just me, my parents won't be back for a good while. My older sister Tia lives with her husband, she uh has a baby on the way - that's where..." I trailed off, started to stumble on my words.

I let our a huff followed by a grunt, rolling my eyes at my terrible talking skills.

"That's where my parents are right now."

Harley let out a light noise that sounded like a scoff, though it was more of a lighthearted sound. Like he was trying to make like of the situation, though he didn't really now how.

"That's pretty cool, y'all get along?" He seemed to ask, taking a seat on the sofa.

"I mean yeah, but she's always busy so we don't hang out with eachother like we did when we were younger. It's not that big of an issue, I tend to do my own thing but that tends to get boring after a while."

Harley nodded, finally resting back in comfort.

Ultimately taking a seat myself, though I tensed when he spoke again.

"So, wanna tell me what happened back there?"