10.) Film Fest

We were in our rental Cadillac Escalade pulling up to the film fest. Our driver was moving a little up ahead so we can get let off at the red carpet.

I put my little compact mirror back into my white clutch purse after looking to see if my hair was still laying nicely in my styled low French twist bun.

The car ride was kind of silent. I wasn't able to get the 'Nessa' thing out of my head and Austin was nervous about the Film Fest. I know it definitely wasn't a good time to ask him about it and it was my job to make sure he was okay and ready to face everyone for the premier.

I'm there for him and he is for me. That's how this is supposed to work and that's exactly what I'll do right now. I will definitely bring the Nessa stuff up a different time though. I don't want to think the worst but it was hard for me not to.

Again though, it's his night so I'll leave it at that.

We were holding hands in the SUV and I looked over at him. His leg up bouncing up and down out of nervousness and I squeezed his hand gently, just enough for him to look over at me from staring out the window.

"You'll be okay and I'm here with you every step of the way..." I began. "Literally because we're walking together." I chuckled and I made him smile a bit.

"Thank you Nia." He gave me a kiss. "I appreciate it. I'm here for you too." He assured.

"So we're going to go out there, and walk that carpet, take as many pictures as they want us to and absolutely kill it."

I fixed his hair a bit from a piece that fell a little in front of his forehead.

"As a official couple too." He smiled.

"As a couple." I smiled and our driver rolled up to the carpet. There were hundreds of people there shouting, and snapping pictures of everyone on the carpet.

Our driver stopped and let us know we were up next. We both thanked him.

"You ready?" Austin asked, looking excited.

"Hell yeah." I smiled and Austin opened the door.

Immediately, everyone's eyes were on us and the cameras started to click rapidly. Austin reached his hand out for me to help me out of the SUV. We held hands as I got out.

Austin closed the door behind us and we began to walk on the red carpet.

"Austin over here!" One man yelled.

"Shania look this way!" Another shouted.

We walked slowly on the carpet stopping, waving and gettin four pictures taken.

Austin held me close by the waist as we stopped for photos.

"You two look amazing!"

Click...

"The new 'it' couple, I love it!"

Click, click, click...

"Shania, who are you wearing."

"Dior darling!" I said aloud and smiled. We moved a little bit down the carpet again.

"Austin! Austin! Do you think you'll win a Oscar this year for Elvis!?" Another shouted.

"I'm not sure but if I get nominated that would be such an honor. Something I'd dream of!" Austin said and I looked up at him with a smile.

He held my hand and we walked further down again. I got a couple pictures alone and so did he. We even met up with a couple of the cast members and my friend Alton Mason that I haven't seen in a while since our Mugler photoshoot in 2019. It was so nice to see him again.