Part 9

At AR Penthouse

Arnav laid Khushi on the bed, and Khushi woke up and sat while rubbing her eyes, "Arnav why did we come here? This is not your house."

"This is my penthouse, till dinner we are staying here. Now, listen to me, your doctor will be here for a checkup, so be a good girl and answer him. Okay." Patting her cheeks Arnav answered her.

Khushi widened her eyes and tightly held Arnav's hand shuttering, "No... don't go, you stay here with me. Otherwise, I will come with you."

Bending little, coming to her eye level, he looked at her assuringly, "I am not going anywhere, I am here only outside the room."

Khushi left Arnav's hand and circled her arms around Arnav's neck, a drop of tear fell on her cheek, closing her teary eyes, "Noo.... Nooo... Don't go.... Buaji will come and take me with her."

Wiping tears from her eyes, Arnav kept his palm on her cheek, "Look at me Khushi, see I am here, I promise you, I won't go anywhere leaving you and won't allow anyone to take you away from me. hmmm?"

With teary eyes, Khushi cutely nodded and removed her hand from his neck, "Okay."

Arnav looked at Khushi's hand and saw there were finger marks on her wrist

Arnav looked at Khushi's hand and saw there were finger marks on her wrist. Arnav held her hand gently, with concerned eyes, "Bohat Dard ho Raha hai, Khushi?"(Is it hurting a lot?)

Khushi slightly nodded her head, and whispered, "thoda, thoda. Don't worry Arnav, I am your strong girl na. I won't cry."

"Wait, let me get ointment." Arnav went and took out the ointment from the drawer, sat beside her, held her hand gently, and started applying ointment to her wrist, "Khushi, Tell me what happened? Why were you crying yesterday? Did someone say anything to you?"

Khushi shook her head and hissed as soon as the ointment came in contact with her skin. Arnav blew air on it and asked, "Is it okay?" Khushi nodded, then again Arnav asked her, "Tell me Khushi what happened yesterday?"

Khushi again denied saying anything to Arnav and thought If I say anything to Arnav then what if Arnav does what Anjali di said to him? What if Arnav gets upset with me? I won't say anything to him.

Even the thought of Arnav getting upset her brings tears to her eyes. Arnav looked at her and saw that she was crying so he kept ointment on a side table and wiped her tears, embraced Khushi, who instantly snuggled him, and he patted her head.

"Shhh..shhh...okay, don't cry baby, if you don't want to say anything don't say. Just listen to me that I won't leave you. Nobody will take you away from me."

Khushi looked at him innocently, "Promise? You won't leave me." Arnav nodded his head and kissed her forehead, "I promise."

When Arnav moved away from her, she called him, "Arnav.."