Part 26

Arnav stood still there, after what he heard, everything went blur to him, he didn't understand what happened, or what to do, he was just blankly looking in one direction. Khushi fell from the stairs — only this sentence is ringing in his brain. It was like his body stopped functioning, he wasn't even able to breathe. If she gets injured it pains him, that's what he felt, her pain, it was scaring him, will he lose Khushi now? How much more will that girl sustain? What bad did she do that she is suffering like this? How painful was it for her? He needs to go to her, but he can't move from his place, it was like his body was paralyzed with the shock. 

Aman shook Arnav, he was scared, he never saw Arnav like this, immobile, he was scared for both his friend and his sister Khushi, "Arnav, let's go. We need to be there."

Aryan knew that Arnav wouldn't react now, he had to see Khushi first, so he held Arnav's hand and started dragging him, like a toy Arnav moved with him. Aryan made him sit in the car, and Aman sat beside Arnav, giving him strength. Aryan took the driver's seat and started the car.  Their car zoomed out of Shantivan, leaving people in Shantivan devastated.

Manorama who was till now had her mouth closed due to Arnav coming in full form, said, "This is all that Gupta family mistake, they trapped us. Because of them, our Anjali betiya is suffering, otherwise, Damadji wasn't like this."

Anjali cried more after she heard about Shyam, hugging Devyani she mumbled, "I want to meet Shyamji, I want to see him, please Nani, take me to him or bring him back here, please Nani, I need my Shyamji. I believe him, he can't do anything like this. Arnav misunderstood him. Don't you see how Shyamji was pleading? Please, Nani, let's go and meet him. We need to release him from jail and this false accusation." She cried more hugging her grandmother.

Devyani's heart pained looking at Anjali's condition. She reminded her about Ratna, her daughter. Her daughter must have cried like this when her husband betrayed her. What's Anjali's and Ratna's mistake in this? That time she wasn't with Ratna but now she won't let anything happen to Anjali. She will do anything for Anjali's safety and happiness. Devyani hugged her tightly and patted her back, murmuring sweet nothings.

After Anjali's cries subsided, Devyani and Manorama took her to her room, consoling her. Thinking of a solution for what to do next. Akash then looked at his wife, "Why? Why Payal ji? Why did you hide this from me? Don't you trust me enough? Didn't you see how Di was devastated now when the truth came out abruptly like this? I still can't believe jijaji could do this."

Payal glanced at him with tears in her eyes, "Even after this truth came out through your brother, you still didn't believe it completely, doubting it. If I’d have said this to you before, would you have believed me, then?" 

Akash didn't have an answer for this. He saw his Di crying for her husband, his wife hid this truth from him, his brother's state is bad. He didn't know what to do, he shook his head, "I don't know whether I’d have believed you at that time or not. But Payalji, didn't we promise each other not to hide anything from each other? Why did you break that?" 

He waited for her to reply to him but when he didn't get it, he left her in his room, disappointedly.

Payal's heart broke once again, she was scared for her marriage and the consequences from now on, which she would have to face in the future through her mother-in-law's taunts. She needed to talk with someone. She called Gupta's house while moving out from the hall toward the terrace. In all this, she again forgot her sister who was injured now.

*********************************************

City Hospital 

Aryan asked the receptionist about Khushi, the receptionist blushed, looked at him, and replied. Well, he didn't have time for it to even notice this, he held Arnav's hand again and started moving toward Khushi's room where she was getting treated. They stood outside the room and saw that Meera and the Doctor were giving treatment to her and discussing something seriously. It hurt Aryan and Aman to look at Khushi, their Kiddo like this, all pale and lifeless.