Part 32

Farmhouse

Arnav was looking at the sky, standing near the window. He was sad again due to his sister's phone call. Why can't his sister understand that her brother never does anything which is not good for her? Why does she keep hurting him? It is like slowly poisoning him. Her curses, she blames him for everything, is breaking him bit by bit. He still didn't block her number just to listen to her voice, but now when she talks, it starts scaring him and making him feel insecure. Her curse that Khushi will leave him, makes him vulnerable and insecure. He then looked at the bright star in the sky, and he believed that it was his mother wishing that Khushi would stay with him forever. He needed to find a solution to make Khushi stay with him.

That's when he felt her hold on his hand, and he looked to his right side there stood his Khushi, his Mithu. He tightened his hold on her hand, and Khushi looked at him, and smiled, "Talking with Ratna Mumma?"

Arnav nodded his head and again started looking at the star Khushi stood there only looking at stars, and out of nowhere she said, "Hum hai aapke saath hai, humesha."

(I'm with you, forever!)

Arnav chuckled in remorse, his insecurities peeping in and making him weak, "Don't say something which you can't fulfill."

Khushi abruptly turned Arnav toward her and shrugging her hold, she started pushing him back angrily, "Why are you saying that? I said na, that I am going to be with you forever and ever. I am and I will. Don't say such things, okay?"

Arnav held her hands and with a slight smile, whispered, "Sorry, relax, I won't say this again." He pulled her toward him, in his arms, and hugged her. He kept patting her head until she calmed down.

Initially, she didn't reciprocate the hug and tried to push him but he tightened his hold and after a few seconds she hugged him back, and whispered, "I don't want to stay away from you."

Arnav tightened his hug some more, slightly smiling, and whispered back in a husky voice, "You won't, Mithu. I promise."

Khushi smiled a little and it started again, her acidity, her dhak dhak. Her eyes widened, she can't run away now. If she will then Arnav will ask her, what she would tell him. That he was the reason behind her dhak-dhak and acidity. He would then call Meera and ask her to check on me. She started chanting Hey Devi Maiya in her mind, closing her eyes tightly and staying in his embrace.

Arnav called her name, "Mithu... Mithu.. "

Arnav looked down at her, not getting any response and saw that she was in some deep thought. And he smiled again looking at her cute worried face. He tapped her nose and called her, this time a little loudly, "Khushi!"

Khushi jerked in his arms and looked up from his chest, Arnav raised his eyebrow smirking a little, "What are you thinking with this pea-sized of your brain?"

Khushi widened her eyes and broke the hug and pushed him away, taking him off guard, and then smile brightly a few seconds later, "Thinking that how should I punish you for calling me little devil and now saying that I have pea-sized brain."

Arnav amusedly said, looking at her in amazement, "Really?" He started taking steps toward her and Khushi nodded her head and moved backward in reflex. He asked her, "And how you are going to punish me for calling you the CUTEST little devil?" He emphasized more on the cutest word.

While moving back, she started thinking and then suddenly stopped and showed her palm to him so that he should stop, "I will make sugar-free jalebis for you which you have to eat daily."

"What??? Is it my punishment or your Treat? Is this MY punishment?" He raised his eyebrows, a smirk was about to form on his face.

Khushi with her hazel eyes boring into him, vigorously nodded her head, "Yes, you heard it right, it's your punishment and I will make you eat Aloo pakora without oil daily."