Part 15

Mumbai

Khushi was going behind the balloon seller, glancing here and there at other street shops, people, and lights, with a delightful face. But when she looked straight to search for the Balloon seller, he wasn't present there, which made her sad and she turned to go back. When she started going back, she realized that she went too far, and now she didn't remember the way back to Arnav. She was scared and looking around for which way she should go. She whispered, "Ar... Arnav.... Where are you?" And a lone tear dropped from her eyes. She took out a small handkerchief from her pocket and wiped her tears and started going back to looking around if she could find any known person.

While walking she remembered what Arnav taught her many times: Khushi never to talk to unknown people and never to take anything from them. If you lose your way then try to stay in a place where there are many people, never stay in a lonely place. Find a place where people can see you. And if any unknown person comes to you and tries to touch you, talk loudly okay? And be brave, even if you lost your way, I will find you. I promise. Then she saw a bench and sat there clutching her handkerchief tightly muttering, "Arnav, come soon. I... I am waiting for you." Wiping her tears continuously.

*********************************************

Arnav sat on his knees defeatedly, this was the first time he was feeling this much helpless after years. He held Khushi's anklet tightly in his hand, if more pressure were applied to it, then it might have bruised his hand. Aman kept his hand on Arnav's shoulder in a supporting manner, "Arnav, sambhalo apne aapko (get a hold of yourself), think how we should find her."

Arnav somehow managed to stand up and looked around. He rubbed his palm on his face, he needed to think quickly before anything happened to her. Aman was right rather than worrying he needed to think ways to find Khushi. He closed his eyes for a while and Khushi's smiling face came in front of him and he felt that she was calling him. He opened his eyes, looked around then noticed something, and now Aman and Meera saw the relief on his face as if he found a way. With a shivering hand as he was still in the same state, he searched for a specific number and called, after a few rings were received, "Virat... ASR here... Are you following Khushi?"

Virat, "Yes Sir, Khushi Ma'am is in front of me."

Arnav released his breath which he was holding till now, "Good, send me your location. I will get there."

"Sure sir." With this, Virat sent his location to ASR. Virat was Khushi's bodyguard appointed by Arnav who followed Khushi without coming to the notice. He was appointed after Buaji forcefully took Khushi with her to Gupta's house. He saw Khushi going somewhere leaving Aman and he followed her. He couldn't talk to her or stop her as she still didn't know him. And now he was standing a few feet away from her and waiting for his boss.

Arnav received the location of Virat, Aman looked at him, and Arnav understood his look, "He is Khushi's bodyguard. Let's go and we got her location." And started going in that direction as fast as he could. Behind him, Aman and Meera also went running.

After a few minutes, Arnav saw Virat standing and looking straight in the other direction. Arnav followed Virat's vision and saw Khushi sitting on the bench and sobbing and cutely wiping her tears. Arnav moved toward Khushi as soon as he reached near her, he called her softly, "Khushi."

"