Chapter 1

((A/N: Just a little side note, this story won't follow the manga as much, there will be mentions of it but nothing too crazy, that aside, I hope you guys enjoy this book and I'll try to update as much as possible.))

.

.

.

.

.

"Well everything seems to be going great, I'll just go ahead and place these on my files and you're all set."

Taiju hums as the inspector packed all his things.

Taiju- "Is all this really necessary?"

"Unfortunately so, but most of this falls on you and your partner since you both practically work together."

Taiju nods in agreement.

"You know...I've heard things since your restaurant became Tokyo's best Shiba."

Taiju- "Is that so?"

"Yeah, ALOT of restaurant owners talk about how lucky you are to have such a wonderful business partner."

Taiju nods.

Taiju- "I am very grateful to have such a hard worker on my side."

"As you should, I even heard that they tried to persuade your partner to leave to go work for them."

Taiju's eyebrow twitched a bit, causing the inspector to stiffen.

"I-I should get going, I have to give these to my boss as soon as possible.

Taiju- "You best.."

The inspector bows then quickly makes his way out his office.

Taiju sighs as he rests on his chair, taking out a smoke and lighting it.

After exhaling the smoke, he turns his chair to face the shark tank that fills the largest side of the restaurant.

For some odd reason, he always found it relaxing to watch them as they swam all around the large tank.

But the vein on his forehead twitched at the sight of a specific shark.

He eyed as the shark slowly and calmly swam passed him.

Not a single thought ran through the shark's mind while Taiju's thought of millions.

Once the shark had its back fin to him, he took another drag of his smoke and exhaled.

Taiju- "Fucking bitch..."

His office was quiet until there was a knock on his door.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

Taiju- "What..?"

"Uh...Its me Taiju-kun, do you have a sec?"

His shoulders relaxed at the familiar voice.

He then got up from his chair and walked to his door to open it.

Taiju- "What brings you here Hanagaki?"

Takemichi- "O-Oh! I just wanted to see how you are doing?"

Taiju smiled a bit then opened the door all the way, inviting him in.

Closing the door after Takemichi entered and sat in the chair across from his desk.

Taiju- "So what's with the sudden visit?"

Takemichi- "I was doing some shopping with Hina and I saw in the papers that your restaurant was voted the most popular in Tokyo and I wanted to congratulate you!"