Chapter 43

((A/N: Hi everyone, I'm sorry for being gone for a month, I was going through my breakup and it led me to having some writer's block but I'm trying to get back to this story. Anywho, I hope I can keep a steady update schedule again, I hate to leave you guys hanging for too long.))

.

.

.

.

.

*RING RING RING*

You stand up and go to check your phone that's on the counter and see that your mother is calling you.

You- "I'm so sorry Taiju, my mom is calling and I have to take this..."

Taiju nods and you step into the hall to enter your room before answering.

You- "Hello?"

He hears you say before you close the door behind you to give yourself some privacy.

Something in his mind told him that he should wait until you come back to keep eating, but he can't no matter how hard he tried.

He just keeps bringing the spoon up to his mouth again and again as he savored the taste.

The tofu isn't rubbery.

The broth is not too spicy but pleasant enough to taste everything.

The mushrooms you selected didn't overpower the smell.

And the fact that the stew stays hot while he's eating it because of the bowl was just perfection.

Never in his life has he ever had food this good.

Honestly.

All the food that you've made for him is wonderful.

He didn't ask you to make him food but you did it anyways.

You mentioned to him that its the least you can do after everything he has done.

He didn't think it was a big deal but you told him otherwise.

And it all started the day you made that steak.

Even though you didn't take long to make the foods, he can tell that you put so much effort into cooking them.

At first he thought that you're just dedicated to your career.

But no.

You're passionate about it.

He can see it whenever you're in the kitchen.

You just walk in and you already know what to make.

You didn't even need to think about it.

You just do it.

He thought the food you made back then was good but now...