Chapter 3

((A/N: I'm putting this warning here because there will be abuse up ahead ⚠️⛔️....I just wanted to let you all know in case there are people who are sensitive about it, I don't plan to put anything TOO crazy but I still wanted to inform everyone so...yeah 😅))

After Hakkai left, you and Mitsuya talked for a little bit before heading back home.

You only lived a few doors down so it didn't matter how late it was.

But you knew Mitsuya and the girls had school tomorrow so you didn't want to keep them up all night.

You sighed at the thought.

You thought being ahead in school would've been great but you have a feeling life after High School is going to be hard.

You already attended a High School that's far from home and taking cooking classes on the side, at this point you were already ready to throw in the towel.

You didn't want to tell Mitsuya because after listening to him encourage you, you didn't want to let him down.

Or your grandmother.

Back when she would take care of you, she would cook all sorts of foods and she would tell you stories on how much she had dreamt of opening up her own restaurant.

But she couldn't fulfill her dream because she got pregnant and your grandfather had passed away weeks before she found out so she had to work 2 jobs to provide for her son.

As upsetting as it sounded to have to give up your dreams because life had other plans for you,  she didn't complain.

She loved her son and she loved to cook for him and for anyone else who visited.

She had told you that she didn't regret giving up her dream because at the end of the day, her family is what mattered to her the most.

She had passed away from cancer when you were 9 but since that day, you decided to light up the torch and follow her dream.

So you studied hard to keep your grades up and took culinary programs on the side to gain more cooking experience before applying to some of the BEST schools all over the world.

Your parents supported your decision and have helped out the best they could but they were always busy working.

But it made you understand why your grandmother decided to give up her dream.

But you refused to give up.

You have worked so hard to get this far, and you weren't going to let that go to waste.

You WILL fulfill your grandmother's wish.

And you'll do whatever it takes to get there.

*RING RING RING*

You looked at your phone and saw that your friend from one of the Culinary programs is calling you.

You- "Yes?"

"(Y/N)! I miss you!!"

You chuckled.

You- "You literally saw me the other day."

"And I miss you already!!! How's home?"

You- "Home's fine...except I'm home alone."

"Oh yeah, your parents are gone....so sleepover?"

You- "I would, except you live FAR.."

"You can manage."

You laughed.