my friends are here

CHAPTER 4

I counted back on the days that I was little oh how small and innocent I was, getting out of my thoughts I took my gaze back to my friends before me whom were all softly eating their lunches in a orderly fashion, I then allowed myself to gaze back at Mary as I saw her chewing her food delicately with her delicate mouth, then swallowing it slowly, the way she does it is in a way relaxing and calming, I watch as she then flutters her eyes, with beautiful grace as she then turned her attention to her brother, ' I have learned a new way of bending my back today in classes, the sensei says that I have quite the flexible back, she remarked.

Did you now asked her brother, ' well I shouldn't be surprised, you were the newly crowned champion of the China men young girls marathon during the long bolting race they said you did three flips and one turnaround right before you made it to the finish they said they have never seen anything like it, he finished explaining before taking another bite from his meal, ' I have heard that the only other student who has even came close to completing that exam was but a young man by the name of Danny, he said that he was one if not the first best student o exist in the classroom.

What become of the young boy, asked my brother.

Oh why he moved away that year, he revealed, stated to have a wanting of moving to a new place to get to know new peoples and their cultures, everyone in the table remained silent after this.

I couldn't tell what each of us were thinking, but I can take a guess for each one that we all had but the same thought to each other, ' he moved away.

What age had he moved out of this country.

Does he still live there.

How did he grasp the harsh environments of living in America.

Why did he choose to move to that place out of the many other places in the planet.

These and many more were asked in our heads, my gaze then turned down to my lunch which was still as warm as ever, I once again grabbed a small piece of ham and plopped it in my mouth and chewed it soundly and quietly in silence, the idea has now led me more and more curious than before, if this Danny had decided to move to America than how was life for him there I wonder are they serving the same food that I eat in this very place do they also speak the same language as I do, how can they handle the thought of moving away from their family for who knows how long, do they even still live with their family at that point, all these questions had remained in my head for a while now as I continued to eat my delicious lunch for I have but yet to give myself a hearty answer to myself.

I don't even know why I even bothered giving myself such a question in the first place for I was still but slightly young and the idea shouldn't even be thinking about the topic of that now since I have always loved living in the country that I am currently on now. So the fact that I am nervous consequently may be because of how I would one day may not see my friends or family again, I gaze over to each of them and remember of all the times that I have had fun with each of them.

 I remember the day of when I first ever met Gwen, I was twelve at that point in time, when I was at that age I was still training on the ways of being a patient monk or at least attempted too, each day I remembered my teachings on each day would go by, I would sit in a beanbag cushion on the ancient monastery steps, the smell of dry rice entered my nose from the rice bags that were beside the entrance gates of the palace, I remembered that the action was bizarre but according to our master it was a tradition was followed from his family and as such he felt the need to follow it honor his dear family's traditions, however it can have some downsides at least for me as I would always believe that I was smelling my mother's rice at home, this was the thankful matrimony however as it gave me the sense of warm comfort from just the thought of it, however I am getting off track.