EPILOGUE

'So one day I went back to that state and she ended up giving me this ring, we had a whole marriage where her family was there to witness, then a month later I ended up going through a few years in police academy and here we are, and I am still receiving many mail from my family,' I looked up from my journal, 'man, I really have written a lot from this,' I said bashfully, 'there were also a few of my old family recipes I have written here, 'here's the one I used to make corn bread too,' I said pointing at a page, 'so tell me everyone, what do ya think.

I looked around to see my Comrades reactions to my story, some of them seemed genuinely impressed by it, others however didn't look so convinced, they asked me if I had made up some parts of the story, like the moment I 'caught' a thief or my time living with a freelancing Marshall, ' it's all true, I insisted, 'believe me hand to god I am not making this up.

Of course to me it didn't really matter if they believed me or not, what matters is that I myself believe it because I was there to experience it, after I had finished tiding up my desk, I went to find Mina who had just returned from patrol, I asked her how she was.

'Fine, she said, 'I was actually about to call Jamie right when you arrived, he and his boyfriend had fallen 'asleep', on the pub again, so it looks like we will have to go and pick them up.

We chuckled together, 'oh god, they must have been having fun at their afternoon date,'.

We both got into the cop car, and she looks at me with a teasing face, 'so did you get the call from your 'Girlfriend' today, my face heated up, 'how did you know that,' I asked. She shrugged her shoulders, 'I had an idea,' was all she said. 'well she isn't my girlfriend, yet, I remarked, though my eyes landed down on my ring, 'we are still trying to talk through on it,' my mind went back to our very first kiss, I smiled gently on that moment, it felt like I was a broken puzzle, and I had got my final piece.

She chuckled, 'you know, the D.E.A is hiring people from Texas, maybe they're are some hiring faithful officers to go work there,' I chuckled, 'well, if they are, then I will have to decline,' when the time comes for me to move, then I'll move back there by my choice.

We got on the road and passed by many many buildings, 'today we are thinking of having a sleepover today, she said, 'thought of watching a movie together, How does The Empire Strikes Back sounds.'

I smiled, 'I would like that'.

Moving from home, it may have been the hardest choice, but I feel like it was the right one, and I have no regrets.