My invisible friend and Romance follies

CHAPTER 10

It was now August, the annual month, everyone was out and about going on about their days.

So remember how a day ago, I learned that Maria and Yumi were both planning on opening their own restaurant, I almost forgot about it actually until two days later, I was walking down the street of my hometown, by then I have had a lot to think about these last few days and have decided on a decision I have been delaying these past days.

I am taking the offer.

It was sudden, I didn't know the grasp of courage that I got, but I think it may have had something to do with something my brother said to me earlier today in the morning, both of us were drawing on our tables, we were both minding our business, I was drawing a young peacock reaching it's beak down to drink water, Koichi drew a young grass meadow, with a kite flying above, we had such an active mind, then suddenly he turned up to me and asked if I had changed my mind on the offer that I've been given, originally I just planned to shrug it off again, I said, 'I'm still thinking on it, was all I could say, and he in response told me I shouldn't dawn on the choice for long, he tells me that if I wanted this, then I should take it and just be done with it, I was surprised to say the least of this.

My brother for as much as I tried to hide this fact had always talked about our home like it was a sacred place, a place that everyone would want to stay in, he said that he never thought of moving from his family home, and to be honest I thought he would be greatly disappointed by the decision I was given, but instead, he tells me,

'You have been crammed in this town for your whole life, he takes a bite out of his desert, 'you have always talked about wishing to see different places when we were little, he grabs a napkin and wipes his face with it, 'so tell me bro, what is your choice.

No hesitation, no second thoughts, the present is present, I don't honestly know what to think, but.

It's been months now since that fateful day, the day that I have been given that permit, and from here on I had made the choice that would change my life, it was like the story of Robinson Crusoe almost, where the man willingly takes on a risk that ends up sending him into the biggest adventure of his life, but I suppose in that story he didn't tell his folks where he was all those years didn't he.

My brother would then tell me a story when we were having breakfast about a young monk, who had

to make a choice between moving from his home to head to the dark forest, because the monk wanted

to try and see if anyone could make a home for themselves in such a place, I didn't understand the story

at first but having told it to myself I realized now the moral, the message of the story was you shouldn't

let fear impede someone from traveling because when you get to the place where you want to go, it

isn't as scary as you originally think, I thanked my brother for the story before continuing my meal,

this gave me a lot to think, but I knew from that day that I had to make the choice soon.

Before that fateful day however I went out and took a nice calm stroll in town, my feet were filled with energy since I took a nice bit of meditated stretching, and giving myself the proper body procedure, popped my sandals on my feet, before heading towards the ring.

 I walked for a great mile, letting my mind wander around a little, in my head I was thinking of a couple of things, or rather a couple of people in my mind, I used to have a sort of imaginary friend as some people like to call them as such, in my mind I imagine a boy, about my age, but he's still somewhat short, and he wears a blue sweater which helps him fly in the sky, he had snake like slits for eyes and goat like horns on the top of his head, even though I was basically old enough to not let myself have many imaginary friends, it doesn't mean I still can't hang out with them, I named the boy Piper, one because he it is a name of a man who was a friend of my fathers that I had met a long time ago who's name just so happened to be Piper, and secondly his design was based on a boy who graduated school that I never got the chance to meet, I smiled as I looked and waved at ,my invisible companion, he waved back then he reached in his back and pulled out a cherry soda to drink, this was heading back to me, because I was also thirsty, I only remember to bring him out whenever I don't want to be alone, and ever since that incident a few days ago, I certainly don't want to be on my own in this town then I need to be, which would seem considerably adorable for some people, and it is, however doing it now when the man who had mugged you is probably now far far away that he can't even hurt you, or even remember his name, was probably the fear of a baby.