Trying Ice Cream

5;00

I then went to 23rd baker street, judging from the sign, as I got there she was already enjoying an ice cream cone in her hand, 'strawberry,' she said, handing me a hundred dollar bill, 'here you can buy some with this money,' money, I remember the bill I was suppose to be paying for this following month, but the logical part of my brain couldn't simply refuse this for her, in the end I went and ordered some chocolate mint on a cup,' the vendor handed it to me,along with it came with a small green squared spoon,i held it in my hand and stared at the creamy substance, some of It was already melting, I had never had ice cream until that moment, so I was somewhat nervous, I turned to look at mina, and she was already scarfing down her cone, I could tell she was liking hers a lot, she then looked at me, 'well, what are you waiting for,' she said, her mouth slightly full, 'I looked at it nervously.

'Well, no turning back now I guess,' gripping the spoon I scooped a good amount the ice cream then brought it to my lips, awaiting the taste, and wow, did I get it, instantly I got a smack of flavors coursing through my taste buds, 'it's good,' I said.

Mina grinned, 'they make the best ones here,' she was now reaching the cone, taking large bites out of it.

I chuckled, and began licking and biting my ice cream, albeit a bit too fast, as soon as I could blink, I would instantly be gripping my head, I guess I had learned what an ice cream headache was at that moment, Mina would take me to a fountain and help me cool down.

Still, by that day, I had found my favorite dessert.

 Afterwards she and I went for a small walk across town which for that topic was still trying to get used to due to how huge everything around the place was compared to my home, we continued to enjoy our ice creams walking back, as we walked, I turned my head to look at her, 'Hey, Mina, I said softly, she turned her head and looked at me innocently, 'what is it,' she asked.

'Do you know what you want to do when you grow up', was my question.

She glanced at me curiously then shrugged, 'depends, she asked, 'I mean I still have many years of school left to do so I have some time to think on that,' she was surprisingly good on the topics they teach, I took note of that when we met.

'How are you on your Biology classes.'

'Oh, I got straight A's on that one,' she revealed, to my surprise, I was also good on the subject but has mainly got C- or a B, it was one of the main things that I got used to, since I already a few things on said subject but no where near her level.

'I have another question,' I said, 'uh, did Jamie talk to you today,' I haven't seen Jamie as of yet today, she nodded, 'he is currently doing some errands out of his home, she explained, ' he tod me in a minute or two he would be back home, so I thought it would be nice to hang out with you,' she explained, which made me feel touched on her explanation, 'also speaking of him, he told me on an interesting thing that happened today, apparently while he was walking along the place he went to the beach and found this fruit called a 'Jackfruit, apparently some sort of special fruit that they found in their house,' she described to me exactly what the fruit looked like to me, 'do you think it would make a good flavor for this ice cream, I asked her suddenly.

She chuckled, 'maybe,' was her response, we sat there for a good while enjoying our ice cream in peace, Mina would continue to talk to me, mainly over the certain sports that she was interested in that she told me, the ones that she listed off were baseball, basketball, etc. As she said, 'how is your mother and father,' I asked suddenly not knowing what to say, she turned and shrugged her shoulders, 'they are busy, my mom works in an office over here at tech support,' they explained, 'so they are usually back by midnight, my dad meanwhile works at a farm, he digs up all sorts of vegetables that he brings back home,' her voice suddenly sounded slightly disgusted.