2 - meetings,

Greyson

The deafening sound of my alarm pesters me into waking up, as I groan and stretch out my arm to turn it off. Running a hand through my hair, I slowly stir out of bed. I check my phone to see that Preston spammed the living hell out of me. I wonder what he wants now. I open up the messages, but suddenly my door flies open.
"GREYSON GREYSON LOOK!!" Juniper stands in my doorway, displaying her new heels.
"Did Easton buy those for you?" I sigh, already knowing the answer.
"Maaaaaybeeee."
"You know you can't wear those to school right?"
"I can and I will. Stop being so rude." She storms back out my room. I wasn't even being rude?? I ignore her stupid remarks and throw on a t shirt. I make an attempt to style my hair- I usually style the longer part of my hair in a small ponytail at the back. As I am walking downstairs, I remember I never checked the messages Preston sent me. That guy sure does know how to spam someone.
"THERES RUMOURS GOING ROUND THAT QUINN HAS A CRUSH ON YOU"
"GREY WHERE ARE YOU"
"GREY"
"THIS IS YOUR CHANCE MAN"
"GREYYYY THIS IS IMPORTANT"
"ALSO HAVE YOU HEARD FROM LIA AT ALL"
I stare at my phone, confused. Quinn is Juniper's best friend, but she's the bitchiest of them all. Juniper sucks, but I think the popularity got to Quinn's head. I never liked to admit it, but I hated seeing Juniper hang out with her, ever since we got popular. I was worried Quinn would be an even worse influence. But my sister can do whatever the fuck she wants, it's not like I actually care. Those rumours probably aren't true anyway, i tell myself as I eat my cereal. Juniper walks into the kitchen, looking much taller than normal with her new expensive heels. I take the opportunity to ask her about it.
"Hey June, are those rumours true?"
"Hm? Which ones?"
"You know.. the ones about me and-"
"OHHH! THE ONES ABOUT QUINN?"
I pull a disgusted face. "Yeah."
"Well yeah she's liked you for a few months now. OMG IVE JUST HAD THE BEST IDEA EVER!" Juniper's eyes light up. Oh god. "WE SHOULD HAVE A DOUBLE DATE!"
I choke on my cereal. "A double date??"
"Cute right? Of course I'm not sitting opposite you. Or next to you. I don't even want to look at you. But at least it'll help Quinn get closer with you!!"
"First of all, why are you helping her? Doesn't she treat you like shit? And secondly, I'm not goi-"
"Great!! I just texted them both that we'll meet them atttttt 7pm!"
For gods sake. I hate my sister so much. I grab my school bag forcefully and storm out the door without saying anything. I detest Quinn and now I have to go on a "date" with her?? This is going to be the worst experience of my life. And to make matters worse, I'll also be stuck with the lovey dovey couple all night. I thought of a plan in my head, as I walked to school, to get out of the double date tonight. I told myself that when I get to school, I'll approach Quinn and tell her I'm busy with homework.

I prepared myself, and headed over to the purple haired girl. She was stood next to Lia, making fun of a gay person on tiktok. She makes my blood boil. "Uhh Quinn, a minute please?" I asked hesitantly, looking at my shoes. She looks up from her phone, her disgusted expression immediately dropping after seeing it's me.
"Of course Grey. What do you need?" She smile sweetly at me. I grit my teeth.
"So I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm actually pretty uh busy with homework later, so I probably won't make it to the dinner date thing." As you can tell, I'm not good at lying. Her eyes narrow slightly, like she notices this.
"Awh. That's a shame. I was really looking forward to it..." she pouted her lips slightly. Her charm won't work on me. I turn away, but she grabs my shoulder.
"If you don't go, I'll tell the whole school your sisters a slut."
~
And so that's how I ended up at this shitty dinner date. I was sat awkwardly next to Easton and opposite Quinn. She kept looking at me so innocently, like she didn't have to threaten me to get me here. I slump in my chair, listening to Juniper and Easton's conversation instead. I don't bother to talk to Quinn, and I wait impatiently. Juniper notices this and kicks my leg from underneath the table. I shoot her a glare.
"So uh Quinn how's your food?" I awkwardly ask.
"Good thank you." She shoots me a sweet smile. "But it could be better. The chips are too salty and this meal is too fatty."
God she's just like my sister. I roll my eyes and poke my fork into my spaghetti over and over. I just want to leave.
"Should we order dessert?" Easton asks, which immediately gets the girls excited. For fucks sake, it feels like everyone is stalling on purpose.

Having said 6 words the whole dinner, it was finally time to leave. I enthusiastically grabbed my things, and speed walked out the door.
"Grey! Wait!" A soft voice called out from behind me. I sighed. I turned round to see Quinn following after me. "How will I get home?" She pouted. Of course. Juniper went home with Easton in his car, but there was no way for Quinn to get back.
"I'll drive you home. Get in." I said, very clearly annoyed. I opened the car door and she stepped inside with a huge smile on her face.
"Orrrr maybe I could go to your hou-"
"So what's your address." I didn't want her to even finish her sentence. She slouched back in her chair, before muttering her address. A few silent, awkward, minutes of driving went by, until she piped up again.
"What's your problem with me?"
"I dont have one. We're almost at your house." I kept my eyes on the road. I was too tired to deal with her petty remarks. She pulled out her phone from her beige handbag, and immediately began scrolling through instagram.
"Don't you think Juniper's a bit of a hooker?" She said subtly.
"What are you on about? Isn't she supposed to be your friend?" I asked.
"But like, she's dated basically all the boys in the school."
"What's it to you?"
" I just think that she should take a little break from love, you know?"
What the hell is she on about. "How are her relationships effecting you?"
"They aren't." She turned away from me and looked out the window. I'm not an idiot. I know that Quinn is jealous of my sister. Ever since we moved to this school, Juniper has been the centre of attention from most of the boys. Quinn thinks that her stupid little spotlight has been stolen. And now she's taking it out on my sister.

"We're here." I stopped the car outside her driveway.
"Thanks!" She exclaimed, with a fake grin. As soon as she stepped out the car, I drove away. It makes me sound like a dick, but if you knew what Quinn has done, you'd do the same.

I get home, and the house is immediately quieter without Juniper's presence. I jump onto my bed, full of relief that the awful evening was over. I better not get invited to another "date". Remembering that Juniper wasn't home, I rushed down the stairs to get to the TV.
"Be careful! You'll fall down those stairs if you're any faster!" My mom called to me. Whenever Juniper is home, we always fight over what we want to watch. She's interested in watching Netflix, but I prefer watching sports. I switch the television on, lean back in my chair and relax. I could get used to this. This is the only thing I'm thankful for Easton for- he can get Juniper out the house. Even mom and dad must secretly agree. All was very peaceful, until from the living room, I unexpectedly heard the front door slam and the click clack of heels running across the corridor. Why was Juniper home so early? I got up to see what was going on, but she had disappeared up the stairs before I could reach her. Not that I care anyway, but I went upstairs to follow her. Maybe something interesting happened for once. I peer into her room, "June?"

Juniper turns to look at me, tears running down her cheeks.

- 1431 words.