8 - You can't go wrong with a party, right? (2/2)

Juniper

I walk up to the house in my favourite purple dress and white heels. My hair is half up, and half down. I put on mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipgloss etc etc, and I still don't feel like I'm ready. Maybe it's just me overthinking, or maybe I need a few drinks in me. The house is huge and modern, and reminds me of Easton's house. I shake my head, fix my hair, and walk through the doors. There's a lot of people, but that makes it easier to blend in. The music is loud, and the song that's playing is one my favourites. Greyson and I walk to the kitchen, and he pours a very small cup of whatever he could find. I do the same, but fill the cup near to the top. It's a party, I'm gonna drink.

"Greysoon~ remember me?" Both me and Greyson turn around, and I recognise that's its Lia. I mean, it's kind of hard to see that it's her under all that makeup and her very drunk face and slumped posture, but I know it's her. I walk away before she can even talk to me. I'm not dealing with her drunkenness. I see a few people that surprisingly are still friends of mine, and we get together to dance, laugh and play party games until it gets to around 2am. I haven't gone back for a second drink, because 1, apparently I get very cranky and sick and annoying when im hungover and I'm being kind to Greyson by not getting insanely drunk, and 2, what if Quinn is in there? I haven't seen her but there's no reason why she wouldn't be here. Is she avoiding me? I mean, that's good. I don't have to see her. But is she here? Is she laughing at me? Does she have new friends? Did she replace me? I internally roll my eyes and try to forget about her. I'm at a party for fucks sake, I should be trying to have fun. If I didn't stop myself from zoning out, then being pushed against the wall definitely would have. Luckily, that's exactly what happened! Yayyyyy...
"Hey. I keep looking at you from across the room and I can't take my eyes off of you. So, wanna give us a chance?" The person says, and I internally scream. What the fuck is this GIRL doing pushing me, a straight girl, up against the wall and confessing to me?!
"Um, what?"
"I really like you. I've seen you around school and you've always had your boyfriend around you and I'm assuming you broke up since he's been hanging around that scary bitch Quinn." She stops barricading me to the wall, and I could easily walk away, but I'm bored so I'll talk a little longer.
"Let's not talk about that." I reply, not really knowing what to say.
"Oh. Sorry. So, about what I said... what's your answer?"
I look her up and down and notice how tall she is. She had long blonde hair, and she's wearing a silky red dress, red heels and matching red lipstick, as well as many ruby jewellery such as a necklace and some bracelets. I have to admit, she's pretty. I shake my head figuratively. I'm not gay, definitely not. Even if I was gay, she would not be my type. I don't say anything, and I stare at the ground. Until, my lord and saviour for the night comes and saves me.
"June, we're leaving." Greyson gets my attention, and starts guiding me to the exit. The mysterious girl follows for a second, but eventually she gets lost in the crowd. Wow. That was a good escape if I do say so myself! Well, I mean Greyson was the one who helped me escape, but I deserve the credit for being in the situation in the first place.

When we get home, I have thousands of snapchat and Instagram notifications, all of which are posting videos about the party. It wasn't that great. I scroll through them anyway, and stumble upon the girl that... confronted me's Instagram account, and I realise she'd been liking my posts for a while. Weird. I then realise I didn't even have the chance to tell Jade about the party. That's when I realise I have 12 missed calls from her, and many, many texts. Jade isn't the type of person to call or text this much, so I know something is wrong. I call her back immediately, and she picks up.

"Jade? What's wrong? I just got home and I saw all the missed calls and texts?"
"J," Jade starts to say, in the voice she uses when something seriously bad has happened.
"She's in hospital."
"What? Who is?" I ask, extremely panicked, but also trying not to wake up my parents or Greyson. Jade begins to sob uncontrollably.
"Amber went into anaphylactic shock. She's like really badly allergic to peanuts and she ate a chocolate bar I gave her, and nowhere on the label said it had peanuts in it, but it did. And now I feel so guilty because she's in the hospital, unable to breathe properly without a fucking oxygen mask, loosing consciousness every few minutes, and all because I was fucking dumb enough to give her a chocolate bar with peanuts. I COULD HAVE KILLED HER!" Jade sobbed and sobbed and i sat in silence. I know that wasn't helpful, but I didn't know how or what to say.
"Is there anyway you can get to the hospital?" Jade asks after semi calming down.
"I can ask my brother to take me? My parents are asleep right now so I can't really ask them." Just when I say that, my mom knocks and opens my door.
"Oh, hold on Jade."

"Juni? What's going on?" My mom asks, clearly she heard me being not so quiet.
"My friend Jade's girlfriend just went into hospital for an allergic reaction." I reply, not knowing how else to word the situation.
"Oh Juni, let me drive you there right now, you need to support your friends. What hospital is it?"

And with that, I was out for the second time tonight, this time for something a lot more scary then a party.  I've decided not to tell Jade about the party for a while.