3 - and endings.

Juniper

I narrowed my eyes at my brother storming out the restaurant like a freak. It was kinda funny seeing him all worked up, but I was nervous that Quinn would be pissed at me because he barely made an effort. I think i counted like 6 words coming from his mouth that whole time. He should be grateful that I was there to break the ice. Hand in hand, me and Easton walked out into the parking lot, towards his Tesla. His car is the bestttt! I want one like that someday. I noticed Quinn following after Greyson, wearing her recognisable fake smile. I could spot that smile from a mile away. My stomach tied in a knot as loads of thoughts flooded through my head. What if Quinn and Greyson didn't get along well? What if Quinn gets mad at me for it? She definitely would. Easton notices that my face has gone more pale than usual, and like the gentleman he is, he asked if I was okay.
"Babe are you alright?" He squeezed my hand.
"Do you think Quinn and Grey got along well today?" I asked.
"Why does that matter?"
"It doesn't but-"
"You know I don't like Quinn, let's just leave it and go to my house okay?"
"Okay."

Silently, I climbed in his car, constantly checking my phone, expecting to receive a bitchy text from Quinn. Greyson always asks me why I'm still friends with her, but it's not like I have a choice. I was snapped out my daydream by a hand on my thigh.
"It's gonna be okay babe." Easton turned to smile at me. He's amazing.
"Eastttt eyes on the road rememberrr?"

The car abruptly stopped outside Easton's house. I must admit, he isn't the best driver. But at least he has a Tesla.
"East do you think Quinn will be mad at me?" I checked my phone again.
"I told you to leave it!" There was a sharp tone in his voice that shut me up. He didn't even look at me. I hate it when he's like that. It's scary.

Easton was laid on his bed, scrolling through tiktok. I was sat on the end of it, desperately texting Quinn. I apologised and apologised, but apparently i'm at fault for my brothers lack of interest. Me and Easton hadn't said a word since the little incident outside the car. I love Easton so much, but I have to admit he scares me a lot. Whether im having a friendly conversation with another guy or hanging out with the "wrong" people he always shouts at me. He's hit me before, but I'm sure he didn't mean it. Easton is a good guy, really. The silence was killing me, but I was too scared to say another word. I was also too scared to sit next to him, in case he saw that I was messaging Quinn. He gets really weird whenever I mention her, and he always changes the subject. He must really hate her. But then again, Grey is kinda like that too. I bet Grey's watching his stupid sports programs right now.
"Come on June, you know I hate it when we are mad at each other. Get over here." He warmly grinned at me and I suddenly felt safe. I climbed over to him and threw my arms around him. He planted a sweet kiss on my lips and ruffled my hair.
"Eastttt! I only got my hair done yesterday!!" He laughed and kissed me again, deepening it this time. My Easton is always filled with passion, and he is without a doubt the best kisser I've dated. He slid an arm around my waist, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. His lips taste sweet, and hella addictive. His hands trace down my body slowly, like he's caught in the moment. His grip on me tightens, as the kiss only gets rougher.
"EAST!" His mom called from downstairs.
He groaned as he pulled away from me. "WHAT IS IT MOM?"
"I NEED YOUR HELP WITH SOMETHING, GET DOWN HERE PLEASE."
"Fuck sake, I'll be quick babe." And just like that, he left. Sat alone, I looked around his room. I've been in here millions of times, and every time I always notice how messy it is. My boyfriends really do live like animals. I laugh to myself, but my attention turns to a glow coming from Easton's phone. I'm not the type of girlfriend to snoop on my boyfriend's phone, but this was a text from Quinn. Easton hates Quinn. Looking around me like someone might be watching, I type in his passcode, 1304 and open up the message.
"It was so hard not to make eye contact with you at the double dateeee call me later babe"
I felt my heart drop. This has to be a joke or something. Easton would NEVER. I found myself scrolling up through tons of old texts, my eyes wide. The flirting dated back to a month ago. This has been going on for a MONTH. Tears blurred my vision and began to flood down my face. In that moment, I didn't care how bad I looked. My head was throbbing, filled with rage and betrayal. My makeup was smearing down my face, as if I was melting. Easton strolled back through the door, taken aback by the sight in front of him. He eyed his phone in my hand and his expression immediately went cold. I had never seen him like that before. It was scary as fuck, but I didn't care.
"How could you do that to me." I choked back my tears, trying to get through the door, but Easton stood in the way. "Let me out NOW."
"You know I've been sick of your shit for ages now? How naïve do you think I am? I KNOW you're using me for money." He closed the door behind him, making my heart pound.
"No, that's not true." I felt sick looking at him.
"You're NOTHING but a gold digger. NO ONE will love you if you keep up this ugly act."
"Easton, WHAT? You know my family isn't as... fortunate as yours. You kept offering, and who am I to decline my boyfriend giving me gifts? I've never had any relationship like this before, I fucking loved you."
"YOU THINK I GIVE A SHIT?" He yelled, making me snap.
"DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHO MADE ME THIS WAY? QUINN. LIA. TARA. IT WASNT JUST ABOUT THE MONEY, I TRULY CARED ABOUT YOU EAST. BUT SHE NEVER WILL! SHE'S LITERALLY IN LOVE WITH MY BROTHER FOR GODS SAKE!"
"YOU'RE A FUCKING WHOR-"
I slapped him. I admit the fight was childish but in that moment, I didn't care. He fell back slightly and I took the opportunity to run out his room and get the hell out of his house. I've never hated anyone more. I ran home in the pouring rain, trying my best to fight back the tears. What I told him wasn't a lie. I always hear my parents discussing about how they are in debt, but they try to hide it from me and Greyson. Growing up, I didn't get that many presents, but my parents would try their best. Believe it or not but I never used to be popular. It wasn't until we moved here because we couldn't afford our previous house that things started to change. Me and Greyson made new friends, and Quinn invited me into her little group. And later after that was when I met Easton. He was displayed as such a sweet guy, and he would usually give me gifts unexpectedly. I grew fond of this new way of life and clung to it. I was finally happy. It wasn't just about the money, I genuinely loved him. I even let him take away my virginity, but I realise now that he was only using me. He saw how weak I was and took advantage of that.

I slammed the front door shut and raced upstairs, throwing my heels in the trash. I ran into my room, not wanting to face anyone. I sobbed into my pillow, muffling all the noise until I heard the door click open. Shit. I looked up to see Greyson stood in the doorway. He looked really concerned, and it was kinda comforting to see a familiar face.
"June? What on Earth happened?" He sat next to me on my bed, giving me no choice but to tell him. I told him everything, and I noticed his knuckles tighten. I was scared he was going to hit me like Easton does sometimes, but he didn't. Instead he reassured me that I could do better than Easton and that Quinn is a slag, which made me laugh a little.

I struggled to sleep that night. I spent most of it crying in the dark, listening to music. I threw away lots of the stuff that Easton bought me, it didn't matter to me anymore. That morning I slept in, which is really unusual for me. I couldn't even be bothered to go into to school that day. I spent most of it sleeping, scrolling through tiktok and crying. I didn't even have any real friends to talk about my problems to, I was truly alone.

That day Greyson came home with a black eye, a bandage on his cheek and a suspension and I already knew what happened. I blamed myself for it, if I hadn't been so selfish and told Greyson about my problems then he would never have gotten in a fight with Easton.

- 1592 words.